Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Wow...seems like a flurry of activity over the last few days. It got me excited so I reached out to my DA yesterday and this was his response:

"We have VINs that should be assigned in the coming weeks. When released I will check if yours has been assigned as well."

Vague...not really an answer....but just enough to placate me and keep me excited.

have you thought about how/what youre going to do to protect and clean the santa cruz mats? i REALLY want santa cruz, but the maintenance effort is really making me have 2nd thoughts. looking for suggestions, thanks!
They are pretty easy to keep clean. Vacuum them regularly, spray them with some scotch guard and mine still look new and it’s my daily driver.

Wow...seems like a flurry of activity over the last few days. It got me excited so I reached out to my DA yesterday and this was his response:

"We have VINs that should be assigned in the coming weeks. When released I will check if yours has been assigned as well."

Vague...not really an answer....but just enough to placate me and keep me excited.
yes. End of quarter window dressing

Took delivery of my Lucid Air Grand Touring yesterday from their Tysons Corner Studio in Virginia.

Let me run through my check list and it’s important to take your time and complete to not just inspect the car in detail. Lucid is a new company, new employees, new cars, and a whole host of other “new” in their way to becoming relevant. The quality issues, based on my read from others, and my own experience yesterday is that it is hit or miss. That is why you must perform a thorough inspection. Then you should go through with your field advisor a step-by-step tutorial on car functions and setups.

As an example, my FA and I found out together that if you setup your Bluetooth link to your phone first, before you setup a link to your phone key (phone app), then the app pairing will fail. We spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out and nearly gave up until we did a “forget device” for the phone pairing. Then the car did sync with the phone app. After that, we reconnected the phone via Bluetooth, and all worked well.

I have seen the various recommendations for a checklist and most of it right on. At first, I could not understand why I should open and close the frunk and trunk several times. It turns out that Lucid does have an issue with the latching on the frunk. After opening a closing several times. We went into the car and the FA showed me the virtual camera. I noticed the frunk is raised up on the car avatar. He said it’s just a glitch and not to worry about it. I asked him to write it down on the punch list, he said it wasn’t important enough. However, I then saw on my center screen, the frunk shaded in red. I requested he write this down as an issue and he finally. I asked if the car was drivable, and he said yes.

After the very thorough and informative orientation with my FA he asked that I take it for a drive. When I put the car into drive, and very annoying warning sound come on and did not stop. It was because the car thinks the frunk is open.

Apparently, my FA knows about this issue. He opened the frunk, got a microfiber cloth and asked me to sit in the car and tap the close icon for the trunk. When it was nearly closed, he pushed hard on the driver’s side front latch. Still had the same problem. We did it again, except he pushed the passenger side latch down hard. This time the car detected the frunk latched. He asked me not to open the frunk until it can get serviced.

I knew the delay to my car was because it was heavily damaged on the front passenger side, and they replaced the frunk. However, the alignment on the front was not good, probably at least 1/8 of an inch off from one side to the other.

Second issue was the driver’s side plastic trim under the wheel well was slagging down about ½ and inch and the rear felt material was also very loose and very visible. Against my better judgement, he asked me not to have these written down and to just show these to the technician when he/she comes to address the other issues.

Lastly, my FA was super patient and extremely knowledgeable about the car. He did not rush me at all. If he couldn’t answer something, he would make a phone call to customer care.

p.s. My trunk alignment is spot on. I will take pictures once I get the car back from the PPF shop. XPEL entire car and XPEL tint on the windows. A tech will be coming to my house next week to drop off the rear badge since through the PPF process it has be removed. The sound system is very underwhelming.

Just for anyone else that wants a comprehensive checklist, here is mine below. It was stitched together from issues, lessons learned, existing lists from this forum, YouTube and other sources. Feel free to add to the list.

Lucid Air Grand Touring Delivery Checklist

OUTSIDE CAR CHECK LIST

• Check panel/door gaps
  • Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
  • Frunk alignment and gap
  • Rear door seals
  • Check all exterior lighting
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
  • Alignment of glass
  • Quality of glass
  • Scratches on glass?
  • Look for paint swirl marks and dust divots
  • Look for paint pig tailing (happens from sanding out contaminants)
  • Look for polishing compound (i.e. wax) on trim edges
  • Look for glue on trim
  • Make sure trim is flush to body
  • Look for paint overspray on trim (usually very small spots)
  • Make sure trim is attached to wheel well
  • Check door, frunk, trunk openings for places where repaint overspray got under tape
  • Look for taped edges that are sharp on repaints
  • See if door cross/mid trim (between widow and door panel) is not loose.
  • Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and also from inside the car.
  • Trunk and frunk rubber gasket glue and alignment
  • Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center
INSIDE CAR CHECK LIST
  • Setup Bluetooth with Phone
  • Facial Recognition Profile Setup
  • Setup Alexa Voice Command
  • Login to Tidal
  • Where is my Sirius/XM radio number
  • Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
  • Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading
  • Instructions for Setting Up Homelink
  • Mobile Key setup on Lucid App:
  • Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (iPhone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
  • Setup second driver profile
  • What does Valet need -Key fob or Key card?
  • Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with Electrify America (EA Account Setup)
  • Navigation Setup
  • Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
  • Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
  • Window shades operation fully functional
  • Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
  • Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
  • Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
  • Check Air Vents Adjustability
  • Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
  • Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
  • Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
  • Do all the vents blow air, and can all of them be adjusted – front and rear?
  • Do all seat belts work?
  • Do all window switches work?
  • Check operation of all inside door latches.
  • Check all interior, puddle, glove box, storage bin, reading, frunk, trunk lights.
  • Headrest adjustment.
  • Lumbar adjustment.
  • Glovebox
  • Window shades/visors
  • Door lock and unlock from inside – all doors
  • Auto headlights
  • Auto high beam
  • Mirror dimming
  • Adjusting interior light levels

Thanks. I would also add to check the EA 3-year start date. Some people reported here that this had been set to before the actual delivery date

Took delivery of my Lucid Air Grand Touring yesterday from their Tysons Corner Studio in Virginia.

Let me run through my check list and it’s important to take your time and complete to not just inspect the car in detail. Lucid is a new company, new employees, new cars, and a whole host of other “new” in their way to becoming relevant. The quality issues, based on my read from others, and my own experience yesterday is that it is hit or miss. That is why you must perform a thorough inspection. Then you should go through with your field advisor a step-by-step tutorial on car functions and setups.

As an example, my FA and I found out together that if you setup your Bluetooth link to your phone first, before you setup a link to your phone key (phone app), then the app pairing will fail. We spent a lot of time trying to figure this one out and nearly gave up until we did a “forget device” for the phone pairing. Then the car did sync with the phone app. After that, we reconnected the phone via Bluetooth, and all worked well.

I have seen the various recommendations for a checklist and most of it right on. At first, I could not understand why I should open and close the frunk and trunk several times. It turns out that Lucid does have an issue with the latching on the frunk. After opening a closing several times. We went into the car and the FA showed me the virtual camera. I noticed the frunk is raised up on the car avatar. He said it’s just a glitch and not to worry about it. I asked him to write it down on the punch list, he said it wasn’t important enough. However, I then saw on my center screen, the frunk shaded in red. I requested he write this down as an issue and he finally. I asked if the car was drivable, and he said yes.

After the very thorough and informative orientation with my FA he asked that I take it for a drive. When I put the car into drive, and very annoying warning sound come on and did not stop. It was because the car thinks the frunk is open.

Apparently, my FA knows about this issue. He opened the frunk, got a microfiber cloth and asked me to sit in the car and tap the close icon for the trunk. When it was nearly closed, he pushed hard on the driver’s side front latch. Still had the same problem. We did it again, except he pushed the passenger side latch down hard. This time the car detected the frunk latched. He asked me not to open the frunk until it can get serviced.

I knew the delay to my car was because it was heavily damaged on the front passenger side, and they replaced the frunk. However, the alignment on the front was not good, probably at least 1/8 of an inch off from one side to the other.

Second issue was the driver’s side plastic trim under the wheel well was slagging down about ½ and inch and the rear felt material was also very loose and very visible. Against my better judgement, he asked me not to have these written down and to just show these to the technician when he/she comes to address the other issues.

Lastly, my FA was super patient and extremely knowledgeable about the car. He did not rush me at all. If he couldn’t answer something, he would make a phone call to customer care.

p.s. My trunk alignment is spot on. I will take pictures once I get the car back from the PPF shop. XPEL entire car and XPEL tint on the windows. A tech will be coming to my house next week to drop off the rear badge since through the PPF process it has be removed. The sound system is very underwhelming.

Just for anyone else that wants a comprehensive checklist, here is mine below. It was stitched together from issues, lessons learned, existing lists from this forum, YouTube and other sources. Feel free to add to the list.

Lucid Air Grand Touring Delivery Checklist

OUTSIDE CAR CHECK LIST

• Check panel/door gaps
  • Trunk alignment and clearance at bottom – Sharp Edges? Marks?
  • Frunk alignment and gap
  • Rear door seals
  • Check all exterior lighting
  • Make sure all door handles respond to pushing/pulling
  • Approaching with paired mobile key causes vehicle to unlock (various angles).
  • Unlock vehicle with non-paired key and make sure it recognizes main driver's face
  • License Plate attachment – proper screws and tightness
  • Alignment of glass
  • Quality of glass
  • Scratches on glass?
  • Look for paint swirl marks and dust divots
  • Look for paint pig tailing (happens from sanding out contaminants)
  • Look for polishing compound (i.e. wax) on trim edges
  • Look for glue on trim
  • Make sure trim is flush to body
  • Look for paint overspray on trim (usually very small spots)
  • Make sure trim is attached to wheel well
  • Check door, frunk, trunk openings for places where repaint overspray got under tape
  • Look for taped edges that are sharp on repaints
  • See if door cross/mid trim (between widow and door panel) is not loose.
  • Open/Close “Frunk” multiple times to ensure smooth operation using Fob and also from inside the car.
  • Trunk and frunk rubber gasket glue and alignment
  • Full Test Drive with Rep before leaving Center
INSIDE CAR CHECK LIST
  • Setup Bluetooth with Phone
  • Facial Recognition Profile Setup
  • Setup Alexa Voice Command
  • Login to Tidal
  • Where is my Sirius/XM radio number
  • Instructions for Hard and Soft Resets
  • Reboot sequences: power the car down and back up to check screen loading
  • Instructions for Setting Up Homelink
  • Mobile Key setup on Lucid App:
  • Key Card vs Key Fob vs Mobile App (iPhone) for Locking/Unlocking (all on person)
  • Setup second driver profile
  • What does Valet need -Key fob or Key card?
  • Setting Up Lucid App and proper charging procedure with Electrify America (EA Account Setup)
  • Navigation Setup
  • Set Upper Nav Screen to 3D and lower to 2D
  • Setting up Profiles for Key Fob and Mobile Key
  • Window shades operation fully functional
  • Check Surround View for Parking Assistance
  • Check Both Front Seats Heat and Cool Ventilation
  • Check Seatbelt Retraction and Height Adjustment - All Seats
  • Check Air Vents Adjustability
  • Check Windshield Wipers - Proper Seating and Operation
  • Adjust the Side Bolsters all the way in and all the way out to see if any “popping” noise
  • Massage Seats – Try the Deep Setting on Level 1, 2, and 3 to see if any difference?
  • Do all the vents blow air, and can all of them be adjusted – front and rear?
  • Do all seat belts work?
  • Do all window switches work?
  • Check operation of all inside door latches.
  • Check all interior, puddle, glove box, storage bin, reading, frunk, trunk lights.
  • Headrest adjustment.
  • Lumbar adjustment.
  • Glovebox
  • Window shades/visors
  • Door lock and unlock from inside – all doors
  • Auto headlights
  • Auto high beam
  • Mirror dimming
  • Adjusting interior light levels
Helpful. Thanks. I thought there is no Sirius/XM with the car though....

Helpful. Thanks. I thought there is no Sirius/XM with the car though....
You are correct. Based on what I have seen, it is supposed to be there. I was told that it will be available as part of a future software update.

It is absolutely rediculous that a new owner has to spend so much time on a list like that on a new car…..
I don't think many folks check all these items when picking up their car as most items found later will be taken care of by Lucid.

It is absolutely rediculous that a new owner has to spend so much time on a list like that on a new car…..
You don't have to spend any time on such a list. It is totally up to you. Since this is a new company making highly sophisticated cars (both technologically and physically) it is recommended for those taking delivery to perform a thorough inspection. What took the most time was actually the FA showing me, in great detail, how everything functions. This is way better than reading the manual, or sitting at some parking lot trying to figure it out solo. Just MHO.

It just depends on how anal you are about things. Luckily, for me there was no check list so I didn't have to worry about it!

Thanks for the review @zkhan2. This is a new world for me, as any new car that I have bought in the past 15 years has been flawless upon delivery from the factory and was bulletproof dynamically. The service was also very good. (BMW, MB, Porsche and Audi). I do not expect perfection from Liucid, as I did from Porsche, and trust that service will be up to whatever task presents itself after delivery. To me, the Lucid AGT driving experience will be paramount and I will tolerate software shortfalls that do not put me in an unsafe situation. So unless something weird happens during the Q2 earnings call, I will stay with my plan to take delivery on my March 29, 2022, confirmed order maybe in Sept or perhaps later.

It's in the app - 3 bars in the top left - Lucid Charging Plan - Plan Summary - middle of the screen under Plan Dates
Super helpful information. I just checked mine and I took delivery on June 29, 2022 and the apps show June 13, 2022. I just called Lucid customer care and they fixed it.

IMG_A0139C86571A-1.jpeg

Super helpful information. I just checked mine and I took delivery on June 29, 2022 and the apps show June 13, 2022. I just called Lucid customer care and they fixed it.

View attachment 3164
Mine was incorrect too. Emailed CS and it was fixed quickly, although they initially changed it to the correct date, but in 2021, so I had to have them fix it a second time.

have you thought about how/what youre going to do to protect and clean the santa cruz mats? i REALLY want santa cruz, but the maintenance effort is really making me have 2nd thoughts. looking for suggestions, thanks!
I swapped the mats out for some cheap black ones while i'm waiting on Mojave mats to come that I have on order. Even with scotch guard I found the mats were still getting dirty even after vacuuming so ended up getting this

Back