Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Ok. I finally received a similar email to what others have received today. No specific timeline was mentioned though. My DA wrote that the car would be leaving the factory "in the coming days.". Since today is a Monday, I would normally say that "in the coming days" might imply by mid-week, but definitely by Friday. Afterall, he said days, not weeks correct?

Fortunately, I have been developing a Lucid Speak translator from all my communications. AND, that phrase has been used before! Because of that, I am able to translate the time frame from previous emails I am able to see what the actual timeline was when they referenced "in the coming days." So from historical reference, the translation of "in the coming days" from Lucid speak into English means "in weeks to months."

In all seriousness, that WAS the exact phrase he used and it has been used before, so I'm just adding a little humor from these 8 months. At some point, though, it will ring true. After all, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

Ok. I finally received a similar email to what others have received today. No specific timeline was mentioned though. My DA wrote that the car would be leaving the factory "in the coming days.". Since today is a Monday, I would normally say that "in the coming days" might imply by mid-week, but definitely by Friday. Afterall, he said days, not weeks correct?

Fortunately, I have been developing a Lucid Speak translator from all my communications. AND, that phrase has been used before! Because of that, I am able to translate the time frame from previous emails I am able to see what the actual timeline was when they referenced "in the coming days." So from historical reference, the translation of "in the coming days" from Lucid speak into English means "in weeks to months."

In all seriousness, that WAS the exact phrase he used and it has been used before, so I'm just adding a little humor from these 8 months. At some point, though, it will ring true. After all, even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

We’re all rootin’ for ‘ya. When you finally, finally take delivery of your car, it will feel to me like I had just taken delivery of mine too.

Fingers crossed for you.

Man , you folks are going to be so lost about what to post once you finally get your cars. 😜

I kid. I totally feel your frustrations, and I’m secretly hoping I’m not in the same boat come January - March of next year.
If we ever get our cars, we won't have time to post since we will be driving them! 😀

If we are posting, then the cars are likely back at the service center.

March 2nd confirmation -- not a peep since then. No car either....

Amoroso6 confirmed his order on March 1. Some of the posts on this board suggest those of us with March, non-gray, non-silver confirmations can expect to receive their VINs over the next 3 or so weeks. We also know that those who stay in close and frequent contact with their DAs/SAs can pull built or in-process cars from order cancellations. If I had to guess, Dot, then I would say your patience is soon to begin paying off!

March 1 confirmation (Stellar White, Mojave, 19" wheels). On June 8 my DA said they anticipate my car entering production in late June or early July.

Amoroso6 confirmed his order on March 1. Some of the posts on this board suggest those of us with March, non-gray, non-silver confirmations can expect to receive their VINs over the next 3 or so weeks. We also know that those who stay in close and frequent contact with their DAs/SAs can pull built or in-process cars from order cancellations. If I had to guess, Dot, then I would say your patience is soon to begin paying off!
Delivery by end of July would be a happy day indeed!

Delivery by end of July would be a happy day indeed!

The VIN-to-delivery experience on this board suggests different delivery “flavors”: August for you (early March confirmation) and September for me (late March confirmation). Or we’ll both have cars next week. Eh.

Finally! I will be picking up my Infinite Black, Santa Cruz Interior, 21” Aero Blade Wheels GT tomorrow. I will take it straight to the PPF shop. They will park it inside until they can get to it. XPEL PPF, Ceramic coating, and window tint.

My hope of picking up the car before the long weekend is diminishing every minute :(
I sold my EV (Model X) in early May to make room for the Lucid GT. Boy, was I wrong on the timing. I have been driving my ICE car since then.

My hope of picking up the car before the long weekend is diminishing every minute :(
My DA said they are upping the quality inspections based on initial feedback when I asked her about my car's status. I didn't ask her about a timeline to not put her in a weird spot.

Do we think this is the new windshield that @gmglass alluded to? Notice there's no rear metal trim. Also a good picture to show how many greys have been produced and probably just struggling with fit and finish issues:

1656449383565.png

Or maybe just found defect on the panels during inspection and removed them for replacement

Or maybe just found defect on the panels during inspection and removed them for replacement

That could be. I believe half the cars there are for "fit and finish" issues which probably require a panel or two to be removed to fix.

Those look like vehicles that have had the rear panel removed probably because of the much maligned alignment or gap issues.

Back