Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

New flyover today, looks like the tent is fully up (with AC units attached) and the wrapped cars are back where they normally are...

lucid-factory-flyover-june28.jpg

6a39238c-4b4b-4777-af31-0a49f1ff559c.png

Hoping that those wrapped cars are for those of us who were contacted this week to say that our production was complete. Again, not holding my breath.

That would be a proper assumption. Not to mention a trailer truck being there picking up 6-8 cars.

Why do they need 8 industrial A/C units for two small tents

Perhaps to keep machinery building cars cool?

I am guessing that you have never been to AZ in the summer. This year is cool for this time of year, only 108 tomorrow. Some years have hit 122 in June. Those tents will need all of the cooling that they can get.

I am guessing that you have never been to AZ in the summer. This year is cool for this time of year, only 108 tomorrow. Some years have hit 122 in June. Those tents will need all of the cooling that they can get.

I have never been west at all - and it seemingly shows!

Well, it makes sense to store them there.

Monsoon season begins mid-June and ends September 30th, bringing with it some beautiful, but often unpredictable potentially dangerous weather conditions. From heavy rain causing slick roads and low visibility to large dust storms causing near blackout conditions on the highways – monsoon driving can be extremely dangerous.

Well, it makes sense to store them there.

Monsoon season begins mid-June and ends September 30th, bringing with it some beautiful, but often unpredictable potentially dangerous weather conditions. From heavy rain causing slick roads and low visibility to large dust storms causing near blackout conditions on the highways – monsoon driving can be extremely dangerous.
More likely protection against hail damage. Every year at least 1 AZ dealership loses all of its vehicles due to hail dimpling. Would be a disaster for Lucid.

OBTW, after 2 weeks here in France sampling wines, don’t really give a crap when I get my VIN.

More likely protection against hail damage. Every year at least 1 AZ dealership loses all of its vehicles due to hail dimpling. Would be a disaster for Lucid.

OBTW, after 2 weeks here in France sampling wines, don’t really give a crap when I get my VIN.
Hell yea!

• Haha
Reactions: DJL

First world problem….😊

Those look like vehicles that have had the rear panel removed probably because of the much maligned alignment or gap issues.
Lucid calls it the “rear bow-tie.” That’s what’s missing on those cars. When my rear windshield was getting replaced, they had to replace that part as well, and said it was a hard to come by part. I’d imagine they are waiting on those parts to add to those cars.

Everyone on this forum has first world problems.
This ☝️ is incredibly important to recognize and remember. I was born and raised in Kiev and my wife is from Lviv, (that’s Ukraine, I’m case anyone is planning to look it up 😀) and when my vin becomes available is an amazing problem to be able to distract myself with. We’re all incredibly lucky to be here and be discussing the merits of ownership of a brand new car from a nascent car company where we get to trade certainty for the excitement of the unknown.

VIN assignments have been quiet here... :/
My concern exactly. Even if this forum represents only 1% of confirmed orders we should be hearing of a new VIN almost every day to reach 12,000 cars produced in 2022. I am anxiously awaiting the 2Q earnings call that should happen the first week of August, They will have to state at that time how many customer cars have been delivered and the forecast for production for the remainder of the year.

My concern exactly. Even if this forum represents only 1% of confirmed orders we should be hearing of a new VIN almost every day to reach 12,000 cars produced in 2022. I am anxiously awaiting the 2Q earnings call that should happen the first week of August, They will have to state at that time how many customer cars have been delivered and the forecast for production for the remainder of the year.
I am anxiously awaiting my VIN assignment. :-/

Back