Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I confirmed my QG/Tahoe/19 wheels on June 13th. I have not had a call or email from a DA yet although my SA called to inform me that he scheduled me for a second test drive in October in Scottsdale. He said he would reach out to my DA to see if he had my info.
I think you are on track to receive your car by November or December.

Just received a call confirming my GT has completed production and will be shipped to Millbrae. Delivery to customer (me!) expected 10-14 days after arriving to Millbrae. I asked to schedule it for the week of July 18th due to vacation plans.

Just got notice that my car has completed production and should be shipped in 2-7 days, hopefully. Not really sure how long for delivery once it hits Riviera Beach.

Just got notice that my car has completed production and should be shipped in 2-7 days, hopefully. Not really sure how long for delivery once it hits Riviera Beach.
Are you gonna change your name to UNPAUSED? 🤣
Congrats on finally getting closer to delivery!

congrats. I haven't received any notice yet, so mine is still paused at the factory.

Are you gonna change your name to UNPAUSED? 🤣
Congrats on finally getting closer to delivery!
Nope, but I will change it back to CLTGT after delivery.;)

CONGRATS WOW hope this 2-7 day timeline is accurate!!!! 🤞🤞🤞

CONGRATS WOW hope this 2-7 day timeline is accurate!!!! 🤞🤞🤞
Just to clarify, the 2-7 day timeframe is just to leave Casa Grande, nothing else.

Just to clarify, the 2-7 day timeframe is just to leave Casa Grande, nothing else.
Yes. It's NOT ACTUALLY finished yet. I wouldn't consider it actually produced and finished until it leaves the factory. According to your email, that is a week away or early July. Then it shipping and PDI which could take a couple more weeks minimum so possible delivery in late July (>20th). Maybe, just maybe a mid-July delivery (11-20th) is possible, but perhaps they finally are able to make a car again.

(I'm sorry, but I never assume the short end of Lucid's projections anymore. It is always been the long end of their range and always longer than the long end with every estimate they have provided me)

My order was confirmed on April 12th and my DA told me last week that they expect my car to "enter production" in late July or early August. Does the VIN get issued prior to entering production?

My order was confirmed on April 12th and my DA told me last week that they expect my car to "enter production" in late July or early August. Does the VIN get issued prior to entering production?
Supposedly it enters production before you get the VIN. The VIN is assigned after stamping and my DA has said it is "late" in production. After VIN, the rest of the production is **supposed** to take about a week.

Darn haha I misunderstood. The two people I’m rooting for most is PAUSED and Sandvinsd. Oh well, progress is progress I suppose 🤷‍♂️

A giant tent will not stop the guessing. More accurate communication might. I still don’t know what the hell is going on with my car or when to expect delivery, just that it is still in Casa Grande And they hop to have it “completed” by the end of June, whatever that means.
I keep getting the same response but no delivery date.

Darn haha I misunderstood. The two people I’m rooting for most is PAUSED and Sandvinsd. Oh well, progress is progress I suppose 🤷‍♂️
yeah, @PAUSED has progress! I'm sure he will believe that the car is finished when they tell him it's really on a transport.

For mine, we'll see. No progress yet. I figure they will find a bunch more problems in PDI and then it will go into turtle mode upon exiting the studio. That would all be par for the course. Won't consider it delivered until it makes it 100 miles from the service center into my driveway.

Yes. It's NOT ACTUALLY finished yet. I wouldn't consider it actually produced and finished until it leaves the factory. According to your email, that is a week away or early July. Then it shipping and PDI which could take a couple more weeks minimum so possible delivery in late July (>20th). Maybe, just maybe a mid-July delivery (11-20th) is possible, but perhaps they finally are able to make a car again.

(I'm sorry, but I never assume the short end of Lucid's projections anymore. It is always been the long end of their range and always longer than the long end with every estimate they have provided me)
Man , you folks are going to be so lost about what to post once you finally get your cars. 😜

I kid. I totally feel your frustrations, and I’m secretly hoping I’m not in the same boat come January - March of next year.

Man , you folks are going to be so lost about what to post once you finally get your cars....
I've been on a few forums similar to this one over many EV-years. The median post follows a certain trajectory:

1) They announced the car without specs or availability. Does anyone know the specs? When will it ship?
2) I reserved my car!
3) Where's my car? Others who didn't reserve a car already have theirs!
4) This company makes me so upset because [insert reason here].
5) How does this work? / It's broken!
6) What type of tint and ceramic coating are you using? ("ceramic" replacing "wax" a few years ago)
7) Gradual replacement of initial forum members with no-reservation noobs.

I've been on a few forums similar to this one over many EV-years. The median post follows a certain trajectory:

1) They announced the car without specs or availability. Does anyone know the specs? When will it ship?
2) I reserved my car!
6) What type of tint and ceramic coating are you using? ("ceramic" replacing "wax" a few years ago)
In my experience on automotive forums rebuilding old cars for over 30 years as a hobby each one has a personality depending on the age and type of cars. Where we are rebuilding really old cars now over 100 years old getting parts and rebuilding engines, transmissions etc. are key subjects that are never ending.

On more modern cars talk is usually fluid changes, modifications and home techniques to keep them in top shape.

Since EV’s have literally no maintenance a person can do themselves at home topics will be more about accessories, PPF, wheels etc.

2) I reserved my car!

That’s about right.

Former habitué of the much missed, much loved Tesla Forum.

...Former habitué of the much missed, much loved Tesla Forum.
Same here, and the Leaf forum in 2011. I had Leaf #594 in the USA and met the Leaf's designer through a forum event.

Back