Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Took delivery last Wednesday!! Already 250 miles on it. LOVE IT. (Expand the quote above for the updated dates).

Did Electrify America 150kW charging today, plug-and-charge. No account needed and no issue.

I think we here all knows Lucid software suck. Mobile Key on Android is unreliable. Usually if I launch the app and turn off and on Bluetooth it'll work.

Using the phone app to open Frunk works about 30-50% of the time. Only adaptive cruise control at this time and no lane centering feature. Alexa is a joke. I did able to get Alexa to open the rear sun shade ONCE. Unable to get her to do it again haha.

However, their hardware is AWESOME. The ride quality, interior, styling, how well it handles bumps, quietness, etc. This is the most comfortable and enjoyable ride I have had so far. LOVE IT!

Does it come with the car cover?

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in Henderson as well. I ordered a Pure in June 21. I also have a very unhealthy (from a finantial advisors view) amount of LCID stock. However, I have faith.

I'd love to see it when you get it (I dont need to drive it or anything). I'm the guy in town with the Lucid black T-shirt that no one knows what it is.

I'll post pics here as soon as it's in my driveway. I'd be more than glad to show it to you. I saw one near Trader's Joe on Washington Ave in Summerlin. It was Zenith Red like mine. It was parked about 100 yards from the nearest car. Lol

It was beautiful!

I forgot his username but hopefully he sees this post and reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got the call today asking about financing or cash. How long does delivery take typically from that call.

I got the call today asking about financing or cash. How long does delivery take typically from that call.
There is *no* proven formula for your Q unfortunately.

From VIN to delivery, now we are seeing approx 3 to 4 weeks.
Depending on your location, delivery (shipment from AZ, local SC PDI, home delivery/pickup) can take upto 3 weeks as well.
When VIN is assigned, you get the 'call' about financing, or you see it in your portal about starting the payment process.
Financing process - cash or loan - also plays a role in your car getting released.
Lucid expects ALL payments, in most / all cases, to be made, before car is released to you.

G'luck.

If you listen to the video, it seems this owner also may have suffered the dreaded 12V Failure or turtle mode. He had problems that led to rear motor and HV battery replacement.
Yes that was his first problem. Very happy how Lucid took care of him. Replaced batteries and a motor. Poor guy had the car back for like two weeks. At Best Buy and got hit with a hail storm. Every car in the lot had significant damage.

update for tracker. agt qg mohave

confirmed 3/29
vin 9/11
delivery to home in bradenton fl 9/17
gap between left rear panel and rear window, so much for enhanced ppi

Attachments

• 20220918_153422.jpg
    20220918_153422.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 168
Reactions: Joe

confirmed 3/29
vin 9/11
Are you going to have them fix it?

When I was trying to check interest rate it is showing 4.6% estimated for 72 months. but you got 3.6% good deal. Let me see when BOA approves and what rate they offer. I'll also arrange some more quote from local credit union bank. Can you give me an idea how many days BOA needs to approve the loan. It is showing 48 hours during application..
You might want to check Carolina Coop CU. You need to join NC Consumers Council (which costs a whole $25!) but they will finance up to 100% of principal for up to 72 mo. With a credit score of 780+ they are offering 3.25%. (I have no affiliation with them. Was just pleased with my experience) It took maybe 2 weeks for the whole process and they want a VIN and the car to have cleared production before they’ll pull your credit history and confirm loan terms. I did need to put my DA on the phone with them to confirm approximate delivery date, but it all worked out.

This forum does not track that. However, it does track the dates of VIN assignment and delivery date. If one just focuses on the August VIN dates and their respective delivery dates, here is what you get:
Grey:
August 9, 2022 September 15, 2022 38
August 30, 2022 September 16, 2022 18
August 17, 2022 September 15, 2022 30
August 18, 2022 September 16, 2022 30
Red:
August 25, 2022 September 10, 2022 17
August 25, 2022 September 15, 2022 22
August 25, 2022 September 15, 2022 22
August 29, 2022 September 14, 2022 17
August 31, 2022 September 10, 2022 11
White:
August 1, 2022 September 13, 2022 44
August 25, 2022 August 31, 2022 7
Black:
August 4, 2022 September 4, 2022 32
Shortest Time: 7 Days
Longest Time: 44 Days
Average Time: 21 day

I just forcused on August VIN dates since no Sept. VIN dates have been delivered and production really did not ramp up until after July.

Can you update the tracker? I was originally a Cosmos Silver hold out but ended up switching to Stellar white. I just took delivery of the car.
Reservation 9/4/2020
Order placed 11/11/2021 Silver Tahoe 21
Order switched 8/15/2022 White Tahoe 21
VIN Assigned 8/18/2022 (most likely canceled order)
Delivery 9/18/2022 (part of the delay was me not being able to get the car)

Minor things to take care of cosmetically.
Delivered with latest software update at the time. Enjoying the car. Fingers crossed. Now that I have the car, I'll try to participate more.

Was siting in MetLife stadium this afternoon watching the Giants driving for what would be their go ahead field goal when my phone rang and it was Jacques my DA telling me that my VIN was assigned.

Grey Santa Cruz
Confirmed 4/29/22
VIN 9/18/22

Can you update the tracker? I was originally a Cosmos Silver hold out but ended up switching to Stellar white. I just took delivery of the car.
Reservation 9/4/2020
Order placed 11/11/2021 Silver Tahoe 21
Order switched 8/15/2022 White Tahoe 21
VIN Assigned 8/18/2022 (most likely canceled order)
Delivery 9/18/2022 (part of the delay was me not being able to get the car)

Minor things to take care of cosmetically.
Delivered with latest software update at the time. Enjoying the car. Fingers crossed. Now that I have the car, I'll try to participate more.
Seems like all us Cosmos Silver holdouts accepted cancelled orders for other colors. When Silver finally is available, seems like there will be no takers left as we all finally got tired of waiting and switched

Seems like all us Cosmos Silver holdouts accepted cancelled orders for other colors. When Silver finally is available, seems like there will be no takers left as we all finally got tired of waiting and switched
Good point. I kept debating if I was gonna stay with Cosmos or not but wanted to have the vehicle this year. Looks like at least 2 individuals got their VINs for Cosmos recently. The people who ordered tourings or pures should be able to get their color choice without an extended delay. I don't know why I waited soo long to switch. It's just a color.

Took delivery last Wednesday!! Already 250 miles on it. LOVE IT. (Expand the quote above for the updated dates).

Did Electrify America 150kW charging today, plug-and-charge. No account needed and no issue.

I think we here all knows Lucid software suck. Mobile Key on Android is unreliable. Usually if I launch the app and turn off and on Bluetooth it'll work.

Using the phone app to open Frunk works about 30-50% of the time. Only adaptive cruise control at this time and no lane centering feature. Alexa is a joke. I did able to get Alexa to open the rear sun shade ONCE. Unable to get her to do it again haha.

However, their hardware is AWESOME. The ride quality, interior, styling, how well it handles bumps, quietness, etc. This is the most comfortable and enjoyable ride I have had so far. LOVE IT!
For the phone app, are you waiting until it wakes the car up before opening the Frunk? I’ve found the most reliable way is just to have the Fob on you, and press and hold it. Much faster than taking out the phone, opening the app, waiting for it to wake up, then pressing open frunk.

confirmed 3/29
vin 9/11
Intersting, my April delivered GT had the gap on the cantrail side on the left, not the whole left rear roof side panel. I think the problem is the rear window isn’t affixed perfectly even on each side which then gradually pushes the trim pieces out after the car has left the factory. While mine was within their 1/2 in gap maximum allowance, yours is more visible, and I would insist they fix that.

Back