Delivery Preps

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
Wow...since I received my VIN one day ago, I have received 1 phone call and 3 emails from my DA. I like that and he is setting up my registration and delivery plans. I have opted to have home delivery in Tucson and to have the 19-inch wheel mod done prior to delivery. He did indicate that my county had the highest tax rate in Arizona but since I am taking delivery in 2022, I will be under the original state registration EV guidelines for as long as I own my EV. It will end for all in 2023 and EVs will be treated the same as ICE vehicles for registration. (Must have taken a hint from current admin on the tax credit and Inflation Reduction Act). My Tesla was less than $80 for five years. I believe 2023 will see major changes in EV development and the way local, state and federal government treat them.
I have the delivery list and all the notes from this forum ready. I already mentioned that in my little neighborhood of 6000 people, a white Lucid has already been spotted. I am trying to find out who it is and swap notes. Once again, thanks to all for this forum; it is a true antidote for the frustration of waiting. This is my birthday present since I will be turning 80. Only problem is that I am going to Jamaica for 2 weeks so hopefully car will be here before I leave, or I will have to wait a while longer. I guess watching all those "hard bodies" frolic in the ocean will keep my frustration down. My wife just commented, 50 years ago when we first went, we were the "hard bodies"....and so it goes.

Wow...since I received my VIN one day ago, I have received 1 phone call and 3 emails from my DA. I like that and he is setting up my registration and delivery plans. I have opted to have home delivery in Tucson and to have the 19-inch wheel mod done prior to delivery. He did indicate that my county had the highest tax rate in Arizona but since I am taking delivery in 2022, I will be under the original state registration EV guidelines for as long as I own my EV. It will end for all in 2023 and EVs will be treated the same as ICE vehicles for registration. (Must have taken a hint from current admin on the tax credit and Inflation Reduction Act). My Tesla was less than $80 for five years. I believe 2023 will see major changes in EV development and the way local, state and federal government treat them.
I have the delivery list and all the notes from this forum ready. I already mentioned that in my little neighborhood of 6000 people, a white Lucid has already been spotted. I am trying to find out who it is and swap notes. Once again, thanks to all for this forum; it is a true antidote for the frustration of waiting. This is my birthday present since I will be turning 80. Only problem is that I am going to Jamaica for 2 weeks so hopefully car will be here before I leave, or I will have to wait a while longer. I guess watching all those "hard bodies" frolic in the ocean will keep my frustration down. My wife just commented, 50 years ago when we first went, we were the "hard bodies"....and so it goes.
Hey Sub,

Just wondering how things are working out for you? I'm also in Tucson and the car is up in Scottsdale waiting for PDI. Are you happy that you decided to take delivery in Tucson? Would you do that again? Did you elect for any paint protections like ceramic coating or paint protection film? Were you able to get the 5 year registration on the Lucid also?

Hey Sub,

Just wondering how things are working out for you? I'm also in Tucson and the car is up in Scottsdale waiting for PDI. Are you happy that you decided to take delivery in Tucson? Would you do that again? Did you elect for any paint protections like ceramic coating or paint protection film? Were you able to get the 5 year registration on the Lucid also?
Home delivery was fantastic. It shows up in an enclosed trailer and detailed. Make sure you have time to go over the checklist this forum has developed. It is long but it is a great tool. Also, plan for 1-2 hrs just learning how things work. I love the car immensely but cannot wait for the software upgrades to catch up. I am working on getting an appt. at Cactus Tinting (Phoenix area) for PPF and have a local guy that does ceramic. I do not plan to tint any glass at this time. The Lucid guy told me they only do one year registration. I wanted 5 and it is available of course. I still think you can. It is about $4000 I believe since for the remainder of the year in AZ it is 20% of the MSRP for the tax base. It was 1% and in 2023 it will be the same as an ICE car. Interestingly, since AZ normally does e-Titles, I received my Lucid title in the mail today. Enjoy the car, it is unbelievable to drive, and the ride is fantastic. Build quality is superb and the stereo system will blow you away. I have only had minor problems since the two mobile tech sessions corrected most all. I just received OTA 2.0.25 an hour ago. Scottsdale Service Center is very good and Chris & Koela are great techs.

Thanks for the information. I was on the phone with SDL yesterday; they are trying to get me to go up there to take delivery. A lot of non answers to most of my questions. Not happy with that side of it. So, you're going to do PPF AND ceramic? I didn't realize you could do both (or that there would be an advantage to do so).

I did happen to be in the MVD today on another errand and asked the clerk about the 5 year registration. She indicated that you could do it; the vehicle had to be entirely electric. We didn't speak about the tax basis of the registration.

Any suggestions as to verifying the equipment installed and functional on the car? I have my option list from the order, but its so nondescript I'm unsure what should actually be working.

For instance, Dream Drive Pro; what is supposed to be working at this point?

Thanks for all your help, and I'm glad that you are enjoying the car so far :)

Thanks for the information. I was on the phone with SDL yesterday; they are trying to get me to go up there to take delivery. A lot of non answers to most of my questions. Not happy with that side of it. So, you're going to do PPF AND ceramic? I didn't realize you could do both (or that there would be an advantage to do so).

I did happen to be in the MVD today on another errand and asked the clerk about the 5 year registration. She indicated that you could do it; the vehicle had to be entirely electric. We didn't speak about the tax basis of the registration.

Any suggestions as to verifying the equipment installed and functional on the car? I have my option list from the order, but its so nondescript I'm unsure what should actually be working.

For instance, Dream Drive Pro; what is supposed to be working at this point?

Thanks for all your help, and I'm glad that you are enjoying the car so far :)
To be honest, when the car arrives, you are so awestruck it is hard to remember all the things you wanted to check out. DreamDrive Pro is not all activated yet, so I only checked out ACC while tech was here. It reads speed signs pretty well but not stop signs. This will improve with the future OTAs. HA is selectable and I turned it off. The GT has almost everything. I have had the car about two weeks and still learning things; a lot from this forum. I only have around 225 miles on car so far since I wanted to keep clean for PPF.
Yes, you can do ceramic over PPF. I am planning to take car up to Cactus Tinting for PPF and then ceramic coating here in Tucson. I have had a few trials and tribulations, but I have to admit, the car is just worth it.

Back