Delivery Plan and Tidbits

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
Well, my GT is at Scottsdale Delivery Center waiting. I am out of town for a week so DA setup delivery for next Saturday. They will NOT give me a car cover, but I did receive the Blackwing PENCILS today in the mail and my DA said he will ensure I get a water bottle and hat when they deliver the car. Since I am going to be in Phoenix part of next week, I requested a viewing of my vehicle. (I already paid for it!) and the Service Manager said I should be able to do that with my DA. So, I am eager and will be looking over the vehicle via the forum "delivery checklist" prior to them delivering it to my home. I figure I can find any defects and have them repaired prior to them bringing it to me.
I also was told that they could only do one year car registration in AZ. I did my Tesla for 5 years when it was based on 1% of MSRP and now it is 20% but changes to 60% Jan 1, 2023. You are grandfathered as long as you own the vehicle and do not make any changes to registration. AZ is changing rapidly...Governor wants flat tax implemented now before he leaves office.
Interestingly, they asked me if I would be opposed to one of their staff driving the vehicle to my home. I said YES!
I plan to look into PPF, tint and ceramic coating while in Phoenix since Tucson is somewhat lean in that expertise.

Well, my GT is at Scottsdale Delivery Center waiting. I am out of town for a week so DA setup delivery for next Saturday. They will NOT give me a car cover, but I did receive the Blackwing PENCILS today in the mail and my DA said he will ensure I get a water bottle and hat when they deliver the car. Since I am going to be in Phoenix part of next week, I requested a viewing of my vehicle. (I already paid for it!) and the Service Manager said I should be able to do that with my DA. So, I am eager and will be looking over the vehicle via the forum "delivery checklist" prior to them delivering it to my home. I figure I can find any defects and have them repaired prior to them bringing it to me.
I also was told that they could only do one year car registration in AZ. I did my Tesla for 5 years when it was based on 1% of MSRP and now it is 20% but changes to 60% Jan 1, 2023. You are grandfathered as long as you own the vehicle and do not make any changes to registration.
Dealership was able to get 5 years for me. This was back in April.

I also was told that they could only do one year car registration in AZ. I did my Tesla for 5 years when it was based on 1% of MSRP and now it is 20% but changes to 60% Jan 1, 2023. You are grandfathered as long as you own the vehicle and do not make any changes to registration. AZ is changing rapidly...Governor wants flat tax implemented now before he leaves office.
Interestingly, they asked me if I would be opposed to one of their staff driving the vehicle to my home. I said YES!
I plan to look into PPF, tint and ceramic coating while in Phoenix since Tucson is somewhat lean in that expertise.
If you're going to all the trouble of doing the inspection, if you can, why not just drive it back to Tucson yourself when you're out our way? You'd get a great opportunity to put it through the paces. I'm guessing that problematic, but I figured I ask anyway :). Congrats on getting your car!

If you're going to all the trouble of doing the inspection, if you can, why not just drive it back to Tucson yourself when you're out our way? You'd get a great opportunity to put it through the paces. I'm guessing that problematic, but I figured I ask anyway :). Congrats on getting your car!
Thanks Maverick
I would do exactly that but Lucid will not keep car under covered parking while I am gone until Saturday. Even though I paid for the car, and it is on my insurance, they want me to take it from their lot immediately due to liability issues. I did not want to leave my new GT at airport parking lot for a week, so I opted for home delivery when I return. As for early inspection, I have a couple of days in Phoenix before I leave so wanted to look at my car before I left just to see it in person and the DS suggested I do a prelim inspection but not the official one.
Since you are in Scottsdale, do you know if they leave all the new vehicles in the same covered lot? I assume they are well guarded until delivery. BTW, for forum discussion, looking at warranty in docs they sent...OTA updates after warranty expires could cost you.

Thanks Maverick
I would do exactly that but Lucid will not keep car under covered parking while I am gone until Saturday. Even though I paid for the car, and it is on my insurance, they want me to take it from their lot immediately due to liability issues. I did not want to leave my new GT at airport parking lot for a week, so I opted for home delivery when I return. As for early inspection, I have a couple of days in Phoenix before I leave so wanted to look at my car before I left just to see it in person and the DS suggested I do a prelim inspection but not the official one.
Since you are in Scottsdale, do you know if they leave all the new vehicles in the same covered lot? I assume they are well guarded until delivery. BTW, for forum discussion, looking at warranty in docs they sent...OTA updates after warranty expires could cost you.
Up until recently the new cars were in back prior to PDI and inside under cover after PDI and waiting for delivery. However @blueice89 posted a picture of the front (Scottsdael Road) parking area full of new cars. The front area is not fenced. I am not sure where your car will be.

Thanks Maverick
Welcome to the owners community. I just landed at PHX this morning and drove my GT to work after overnight at Terminal 4 parking on the 9th floor (open rooftop). The advantage of the rooftop is that you can get a wide open spot, the obvious disadvantage is the sun. But its getting cooler. When I landed and was walking to the car I activated the climate control, but the interior of the car was only 92 degrees and 9 am. For this trip there were no spots available except for the rooftop. I have parked my Air at PHX many times already, mostly overnight business trips but a few times for several days, no issues (so far).

Thanks Maverick
They have had the SC pretty packed with cars for at least a few weeks. When I needed a tire changed 2-3 weeks ago, they had 16 or so and most were parked under the cover awning in front. To second @AZLucidGuy said, parking on the rooftop of the close in garages gives you a pretty wide open set of parking options. Since I don't believe all of the cars that the SC has are parked inside, and I don't think the lot is guarded, you probably have roughly the same amount of risk of a problem. But I also understand your wanting to have it delivered. I travel frequently, and I don't park the car at the airport. But then again, my car is at home. Maybe check out the facility and how many cars are there when you go by, and make the decision then on whether you'd rather take it to the airport or wait and have it delivered. It's definitely a tough call.

Given the hot Arizona summer I often go to the Fashion Square mall to walk. I am planning to do that today so I will take a swing by the Service Center (it is only a couple of miles south of the mall/design studio) and take a look.

hi @SubSailor, it's been a while and curious if you posted anywhere regarding your experience after getting the car.

would love to hear about your checklist, issues, what protection did you get, driving experience and thoughts etc.

Back