Dash Material on Touring

Touring

Cars
Air Touring (on order)
After watching the Launch Event just now which included the Touring, I have to say I feel pretty misled and disappointed. Clearly in the video it shows the dash with the front portion using that cheap pebble grain synthetic material. In all the configurators and in speaking with reps, it showed full leather on the dash. Anyone else happen to pick up on this?

I currently have a reservation for an Air Touring and one of my primary questions was what the material would be for the dash. I was assured by the sales reps that it was going to be all leather. The Grand Touring an higher have the split dash leather/alcantara. The lower Pure model has the contrast of the Leather/Fabric.

The Touring has now, what? Leather/Plastic?

Come on, I'm not spending $100k+ on a car with a half plastic dash.

Been in the queue for months now and will likely cancel my order over this. I really can't believe that this is the route they chose to go on this model.

For reference, 1st image is from the configurator just now (they still haven't updated it. 2nd is a screen cap from today's event.

Attachments

• dash.JPG
    dash.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 229
  • dash2.JPG
    dash2.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 230
For reference, 1st image is from the configurator just now (they still haven't updated it. 2nd is a screen cap from today's event.
I believe it is the difference between Nappa vs Full grain. I to would have preferred Nappa to match the front portion of the dash so it looks more homogeneous. But, I'd still take full grain vs Nappa or the Cloth on Pure ... they will be harder to keep clean IMHO.

I think it is leather versus the alcantara in the GT
That's my point, it was supposed to be leather! Now when you see the clip from the event today, it's clearly not leather in the touring, just that synthetic pebble grain stuff you see in Hondas.

I believe it is the difference between Nappa vs Full grain. I to would have preferred Nappa to match the front portion of the dash so it looks more homogeneous. But, I'd still take full grain vs Nappa or the Cloth on Pure ... they will be harder to keep clean IMHO.
Whatever it is, it's clearly not what it was advertised as when I placed my order. I hate the look of the pebble grain.

Whatever it is, it's clearly not what it was advertised as when I placed my order. I hate the look of the pebble grain.
I'm not a fan either, but can live with it ... best to wait for REAL pictures of delivery vehicles (maybe we'll see more after the unit is delivered tonight in Beverly Hills). Either way, you'll need to decide if it is worth canceling on this detail or not.

I'm not a fan either, but can live with it ... best to wait for REAL pictures of delivery vehicles (maybe we'll see more after the unit is delivered tonight in Beverly Hills). Either way, you'll need to decide if it is worth canceling on this detail or not.
It's a pretty central detail (for me anyway). I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see what their answer is to this.

It's a pretty central detail (for me anyway). I hope I'm wrong, but we'll see what their answer is to this.
I’d love for you to be wrong, too. But I fear you are right. Derek Jenkins said something, I can’t remember the exact words, but it sounded like Touring has leather and something other than leather. It caught my ear briefly during the Touring part of the presentation. But I let it go.

I’d love for you to be wrong, too. But I fear you are right. Derek Jenkins said something, I can’t remember the exact words, but it sounded like Touring has leather and something other than leather. It caught my ear briefly during the Touring part of the presentation. But I let it go.
I heard it, too. He said "combining leather, wood, and other synthetic materials". It caught my attention but obviously didn't know specifically which pieces are impacted.

He called them synthetics.

Ill be at the Beverly Hills studio later tonight. I'll post some close up pictures of the dash for you.
Dash and also the pilot panel on the delivered car if you can.

"Synthetic" was the word he used that made my ears perk up. Sure, alcantara is a synthetic material as well, but premium enough where it's mentioned by name and not lumped in with the broad category of "synthetic". So after he said that I had to watch the video closely. Sure enough, the dash was different than all previous renders.

Ill be at the Beverly Hills studio later tonight. I'll post some close up pictures of the dash for you.
Thank you so much. Impressions of the look and feel will be greatly appreciated

Can you record as well May be 3 minutes or so please??

Another walk around video. If you look closely, the textured "leather" material is used on the door panels as well where the Alcantara was located.

thats what we call "Premium Natural Grain Leather." The garbage pebble grain synthetic material you're talking about is made typically to imitate natural grain leather, which is what the Touring actually has. See the sample interior materials attached from BH studio
In another thread, it shows the storyboard for the Touring and call this pebble grain material "Premium Natural Grain Leather" (as seen in the quote above). So, I guess that's somewhat encouraging.

Can you also get shots of the textile they use? It also differs from the GT. See if you can get an SA to explain what it is and how it differs since they are just calling it "Premium Textile" which is awfully vague vs. the "Wool Blend" used in the GT.

Back