Speculation DA says he has gotten some traction from management to offer DDPremium for $2000 for owners who were not offered it at time of vehicle purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Chill

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I complained to Lucid Sales and to my DA 2 weeks ago about being upcharged $500 for DDPremium rather than offering it at $2000 since many of us weren't given the option to pre-purchase it when buying our cars. When I told my DA yesterday it still appears for $2500 on my upgrade page, he was surprised and said he will investigate it further as he thought it was a done deal.

Has anyone been offered it at $2000? Honestly, even at $2000 it's a rip off, but I really miss the 360 degree camera when parking and am willing to pay 2g.

Bobby, please don't close this thread prematurely or merge it somewhere else.

I complained to Lucid Sales and to my DA 2 weeks ago about being upcharged $500 for DDPremium rather than offering it at $2000 since many of us weren't given the option to pre-purchase it when buying our cars. When I told my DA yesterday it still appears for $2500 on my upgrade page, he was surprised and said he will investigate it further as he thought it was a done deal.

Has anyone been offered it at $2000? Honestly, even at $2000 it's a rip off, but I really miss the 360 degree camera when parking and am willing to pay 2g.

Bobby, please don't close this thread prematurely or merge it somewhere else.
So, there’s a thing you are willing to pay $2,000 for, that you claim to really miss. But it’s a rip off, because the company who made the thing you value at $2,000 is selling it to you for $2,000?

You have a very strange idea of what Rip off means.

I just think it's overpriced even at $2000. But it's something I value and would strongly consider buying, but less so at $2500. Is that hard to understand?

Ripoff to me equals being overpriced. Its a ripoff when cars costing less than half of a Lucid offer it as standard or coming in a package with a car costing $40,000.

Last edited:
Dude, WTF?
The last time I posted something in the interface forum, you moved it into a 13 page thread where it was lost and then you closed the thread. I understand you want to condense things, but in my opinion, there's not enough new content on lucidowners.com that condensation is not really needed.

I just think it's overpriced even at $2000. But it's something I value and would strongly consider buying, but less so at $2500. Is that hard to understand?
Anything you are willing to pay for is not overpriced. The definition of overpriced is priced higher than people are willing to pay.

The last time I posted something in the interface forum, you moved it into a 13 page thread where it was lost and then you closed the thread. I understand you want to condense things, but in my opinion, there's not enough new content on lucidowners.com that condensation is not really needed.
Bobby is not the only moderator who condenses threads into each other. Our readers do not like having to keep track of multiple threads on the same or similar topic(s). It’s too much clicking around and much harder to track as a coherent conversation. So we often will take similar threads and combine them. We’ll take your opinion into consideration, but frankly, most of us like it better this way.

This topic is getting tiresome.

EVERYONE was offered Dream Drive, in the form of a car at full price. You can’t use the terms “I VALUE something” and also say that you feel that same something is overpriced or a ripoff, that doesn’t make sense. At all.

EVERYONE was offered Dream Drive, in the form of a car at full price. You can’t use the terms “I VALUE something” and also say that you feel that same something is overpriced or a ripoff, that doesn’t make sense. At all.
True! Many of us also pre-valued it and paid full full boat for features, such as Highway Assist months before they were available. Price increase or not, just don’t understand why some people feel that they shouldn’t have to pay for it now, even though significantly more is offered. The far majority of Lucid owners that don’t buy DD Pro will regret it as it gets better and better.

Very tiresome. If you want it, pay for it. If it's not worth it to you, then don't. It's just not that complicated. If you bought the car without understanding what options were included at that time, that isn't good, but all you can do about it is ask more questions the next time you purchase something.

Lol, if you pay for it, then you get it.
If you don't pay for it, then you don't get it.
Hopefully, I don't confuse you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back