Current Owners - Daily Driver?

rreddrop

Cars
Reserved Pure
To those who currently have an Air and are using it as a daily driver:

I've never owned a six figure car before and the idea of driving it 15k+ miles a year just scares me. Wear and tear, paint chips, windshield damage, insurance costs. All that stuff can happen to any car you drive that much, but I could care less it happening to my Subaru Legacy than this marvel of engineering. It's a piece of ART. I feel like I'd just be nervous and anxious all the time driving the damn thing!

Anyone else dealing with similar emotions? Please tell me I'm being a baby and just suck it up! :)

I've never owned a six figure car before and the idea of driving it 15k+ miles a year just scares me. Wear and tear, paint chips, windshield damage, insurance costs. All that stuff can happen to any car you drive that much, but I could care less it happening to my Subaru Legacy than this marvel of engineering. It's a piece of ART. I feel like I'd just be nervous and anxious all the time driving the damn thing!

Anyone else dealing with similar emotions? Please tell me I'm being a baby and just suck it up! :)
Dude, it’s a sedan. This is not an exotic car. It is a nice sedan. It is made to be driven, not looked at.

Dude, it’s a sedan. This is not an exotic car. It is a nice sedan. It is made to be driven, not looked at.
Agree, why pay 6 figures for a car to just let it sit in the garage and hardly ever drive it.

Get it wrapped in a protective film, will minimize chips in paint due to rocks as well as keep the paint shiny and make it easy to clean. Windshield chips will happen, that is life.

Enjoy the car.

Enjoy it for what it is, a car. That said, it’s a damn nice car and one of the best driving, and most fun cars, I’ve ever owned. Don’t treat it like a fragile heirloom, but like something you want to enjoy and experience. Have fun! I am…..😁

You're being a baby, suck it up!

I have driven every car that I have owned daily, including MB's, Audis, BMW's and Porsches including two recent Panamera GTS's and a 991 Turbo S. The AGT is by far the best sedan (or coupe) that I have ever driven. The AGT is an absolute delight to drive even if it is to the grocery store. It is a beast on winding country roads or interstate highways. Of course, given its weight, it is not a track car. For that get a GT3.

Insurance costs are very reasonable, you will be pleasantly surprised . I do worry about the windshield, as it is a beast to replace. But if it happens, I’ll just deal with it.

All that being said, I do use it on a daily basis. Mine is in the shop getting PPF and ceramic coating. It’s a tad expensive but it gives me a little more peace of mind.

Enjoy it, it’s a total blast.

You asked for it buttercup 😂
1668780266375.png

@Bobby nails it!

Insurance costs are very reasonable, you will be pleasantly surprised . I do worry about the windshield, as it is a beast to replace. But if it happens, I’ll just deal with it.

All that being said, I do use it on a daily basis. Mine is in the shop getting PPF and ceramic coating. It’s a tad expensive but it gives me a little more peace of mind.

Enjoy it, it’s a total blast.
If you don't mind sharing, what type of glass coverage does your insurance cover? Part of the basic coverage or an extra rider? Seems with our windshield and canopy we have a much larger target area susceptible to damage. Unfortunately for me, I've had bad luck with all the trucks in I30 in TX...

You should drive a car that you are comfortable with parking at the grocery store or driving in rush hour traffic. My DE-P is a daily driver. I am a little more careful where I park, with all of our cars by the way, but the driving experience, for me, outweighs the risks. I feel a little different about my Corvette. It sits very low and I am not as comfortable in heavy traffic with it.

An older golf buddy of mine said something to me once about flying first class .. "if you don't fly first class, your kids will".

As far as I'm concerned, same goes for cars .. "if you don't drive it, then someone else will" .. have fun!

Rreddrop, Polar 🐼 had the very same feeling like you ! Juno 🐻‍❄️ (AGT Quantum Grey);was my first new car in 22 years ! Not yet a daily driver but definitely enjoying Juno 🐻‍❄️ on the weekends. Lots to learn on the LUCID technology but remember to keep reading the owners forum because you REALLY learn so much ! Extesla, Bobby, LucidNC nailed it ! Start slow take your time ! It IS a great car and yes eventually everyone will get a rock chip, door ding etc but that’s life. YOU will very happy with your Pure !
1668783601545.png

This attitude really does help - ultimately it’s just a nice car. I’m a little pickier about what parking space I use at the supermarket but I don’t park out in the boondocks. It’s not an art piece to be protected from the travails of daily life. The GT was a huge jump for me…the car it replaced was a 16 year old Nissan. The only time we use my wife’s hatchback rather than the Lucid is when we need the space for bulky items. I didn’t spend all that money to not use it. Get your money’s worth and drive it.

If you don't mind sharing, what type of glass coverage does your insurance cover? Part of the basic coverage or an extra rider? Seems with our windshield and canopy we have a much larger target area susceptible to damage. Unfortunately for me, I've had bad luck with all the trucks in I30 in TX...

I have Geico, pay 83.71 a month and have a 250 dollar deductible for my windshield.
It’s incredibly cheap.
The low cost likely relates to my location and the fact that I don’t drive very many miles.

I have Geico, pay 83.71 a month and have a 250 dollar deductible for my windshield.
It’s incredibly cheap.
The low cost likely relates to my location and the fact that I don’t drive very many miles.
I have GEICO also and have its MBI insurance on my BMW DD. Is GEICO offering MBI on Lucid?

Back