Cupholder dimensions?

bws

Cars
Air Grand Touring
I know it is small, but will a 2.91” diameter water bottle fit in the Cupholder? Does anyone know the dimensions of the cupholder In the center console?

@mcr16 I wonder if this will fit.
C53A29C7-5308-4A1D-AB43-629A6C87C93E.png

You might want spell check for dimensions. Yeah I’m one of those dicks. I generally don’t worry about grammar though.Also I think that cup holder will fit.

You might want spell check for dimensions. Yeah I’m one of those dicks. I generally don’t worry about grammar though.Also I think that cup holder will fit.
I can relate. I spent a couple years as a proofreader while in college and, to this day, have to restrain myself. It drives me crazy when I go back and read some of my own postings containing obvious errors.

I can relate. I spent a couple years as a proofreader while in college and, to this day, have to restrain myself. It drives me crazy when I go back and read some of my own postings containing obvious errors.
Not particularly helpful. Does anyone have anything useful to contribute?

I know it is small, but will a 2.91” diameter water bottle fit in the Cupholder? Does anyone know the dimensions of the cupholder In the center console?
If it's on Amazon, but it.
If it's doesn't fit, return it.

Hard to say, too close to be sure.

@AIR.LUCID - Is this better? Your option should fit in the cupholder I would think.
caaf5a81-7f6f-48e5-9406-0e6bd6443484-jpeg.6837
BDED1A3B-ABCE-4BC7-863F-61336C4411F2.jpeg

Attachments

• CAAF5A81-7F6F-48E5-9406-0E6BD6443484.jpeg
    CAAF5A81-7F6F-48E5-9406-0E6BD6443484.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 537
@mcr16 I wonder if this will fit. View attachment 6831
I got this one Cup Holder but since the cupholders are recessed and so close together, it makes it hard to use the both cupholders at the same time. I might try the one you listed as it can swivel. One of the issues to look out for is if the swivel height is high enough to clear the side trim.

These cupholders are really small. The water bottle I normally use just fits. But my husband and son like much larger cups. I might try the pictured one above. I ordered one from Amazon, but I don't like that it doesn't keep smaller diameter bottles secure, and with it in one holder, you can't use the second one. I love the car, but definitely a bad cupholder design.

@mcr16 I wonder if this will fit. View attachment 6831

Yes, it will fit. I bought a simular one that has the same dimensions from Ever Vibrant on Amazon and it works great. In fact I think two will fit.

Ever Vibrant Dual Car Cup Holder Expander with Adjustable Base, Upgraded Expandable Cup Holder Expander for Car, Multifunctional Automotive Cup Holder Extender, Extra Cup Holder for Your Car​

So I ended up getting this one instead. Seems to work out better for me.
Swivel Cup holder

snip.JPG

It raises the cupholder enough so that I can swivel the top part easily into any position

These cupholders are really small. The water bottle I normally use just fits. But my husband and son like much larger cups. I might try the pictured one above. I ordered one from Amazon, but I don't like that it doesn't keep smaller diameter bottles secure, and with it in one holder, you can't use the second one. I love the car, but definitely a bad cupholder design.
It holds Starbucks cups! My white was happy about that But frustrated with both the small size and the unfortunate placement to the pilot panel.

Now that I have the vehicle I will have to resign myself to small lattes … no more Big Gulps for me. 😢

How do you guys find the OEM cupholder with cup inside in terms of interfering with the pilot panel? Is it a big deal or something easily managed? Obviously I don't have the car yet.

How do you guys find the OEM cupholder with cup inside in terms of interfering with the pilot panel? Is it a big deal or something easily managed? Obviously I don't have the car yet.
Its a little akward regardless of cup holder expander. Have to reach with arm over cups/bottles and then straight down with hand. Have to take your eyes off the road more than usual. Of course most pronounced for bottom half of pilot. Better to have holders after each other and towards the passanger than side by side.

I don’t drink in my car.

Back