Admin
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
👍 What do you use your phone for while driving? Just wanting to understand how it relates to any features or shortcomings of the car's software.

Uhm, nav right now, haha.

Uhm, nav right now, haha.
That's one of the small headaches I can see coming with the Air - if I drive anywhere with my wife, she'll be comparing the car's navigation competency to Google Maps/nav on her phone, and we know the car (and I) won't win.

That's one of the small headaches I can see coming with the Air - if I drive anywhere with my wife, she'll be comparing the car's navigation competency to Google Maps/nav on her phone, and we know the car (and I) won't win.
Maybe with the update, too bad not all of us have it to test!

Maybe with the update, too bad not all of us have it to test!
It could be worse. At least you have a Lucid to drive. The service center just loaded it on my car but I don't get it back until the 20th. The schedule is me being out of town, not Lucid service.

It could be worse. At least you have a Lucid to drive. The service center just loaded it on my car but I don't get it back until the 20th. The schedule is me being out of town, not Lucid service.
Ah, so the Scottsdale SC has the update now then? In talking with them this morning, they didn't yet have it. Hopefully, I'll have it when I pick up on Monday.

Ah, so the Scottsdale SC has the update now then? In talking with them this morning, they didn't yet have it. Hopefully, I'll have it when I pick up on Monday.
I received the update available notification 2 hours ago and the update complete notification an hour ago. I am not sure they did anything special since the updates are rolling out today. I bet they will press the button to load it for you if you ask.

20220611_122739.jpg

I bought one after seeing this forum but not working for me :(.
I have a grand touring.

Not working in what way? Any pics?
The cup holder does not fit Lucid and wobbles.
I took a photo and a movie, and uploaded them in my original posting but this forum keeps asking me to log in even if I have already logged in. (Thus the forum also says 'you have already logged in'). Take a look at my photo and movie. You can see the problem.

👍 What do you use your phone for while driving? Just wanting to understand how it relates to any features or shortcomings of the car's software.
I would listen to a movie or YouTube clip while phone is playing video for occasional glance. I do this for long distance driving.

The cup holder does not fit Lucid and wobbles.
I took a photo and a movie, and uploaded them in my original posting but this forum keeps asking me to log in even if I have already logged in. (Thus the forum also says 'you have already logged in'). Take a look at my photo and movie. You can see the problem.
Did you tighten it? The base screw tightens into the Lucid cupholder by gripping the sides so it doesn't move

Did you tighten it? The base screw tightens into the Lucid cupholder by gripping the sides so it doesn't move
Dear Hydbob,
Yes, I tried to tighten it last night, and it was slipping unable to achieve secure mounting.
I tried again this morning, and it turned out that only two of the three plugs were moving.
I rotated and retried tightening it. It works better now.
I will use it for a few more days and report the update on the Forum.
Thanks!
-Ben

Attachments

• IMG_0167.jpg
    IMG_0167.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 278
Thanks. As an aside, I noticed on a test drive that a standard 12oz aluminum can is a very tight fit in the back seat cup holder.

Back