- Joined
- Dec 22, 2024
- Messages
- 41
- Reaction score
- 36
- Location
- Naperville IL
- Cars
- 2022 Air GT Zen Red
- Referral Code
- FTCS26ES
Today is my one-year anniversary of ownership of a 2022 Lucid Air Grand Touring (fully loaded with DreamDrive Pro etc.) which also had applied coatings / tint. I am the 3rd owner and the car had just under 10,000 miles when I purchased it. My total acquisition costs include the purchase price (60,500), taxes/fees (5,100), extra snow wheels and tires (3,000), some small repairs and replacement key card (1,300); but I also received a State of Illinois EV Rebate (-4,000). Thus, the total acquisition cost was $65,900 – more than $100K below the initial value (MSRP: $155,650 + tires/wheels/coatings/tint (>$10K)).
The car currently has just over 26,000 miles (i.e. I have added 16,800 miles).
My annual operating costs for the year include insurance (2,000), tire swap/storage (350), and about 5,500 kWh home charging (750) + on-the road DC fast charging (50 – my 3 year free charging just finished). Tire wear costs are estimated by my buying a barely used set of eventual replacement tires (700). The operating cost total is just under 4,000 – a little less than $0.25 / mi.
My car has continued to depreciate as well. From current online listings with similar mileage, I conservatively estimate about $10K depreciation or about $0.60 / mi.
Thus, this first year has cost me about $0.85 / mile to drive and since it is a luxurious, fantastic, and exciting drive, I am happy with this overall cost.
You have options of buying pre-owned, leasing, or enjoying brand new knowing the first years and miles have the greatest depreciation. Hopefully, these numbers help others making decisions. Also, others can chime in if they’ve experienced similar numbers or suggest something I’ve left out.
And a happy Lucid anniversary to me!
The car currently has just over 26,000 miles (i.e. I have added 16,800 miles).
My annual operating costs for the year include insurance (2,000), tire swap/storage (350), and about 5,500 kWh home charging (750) + on-the road DC fast charging (50 – my 3 year free charging just finished). Tire wear costs are estimated by my buying a barely used set of eventual replacement tires (700). The operating cost total is just under 4,000 – a little less than $0.25 / mi.
My car has continued to depreciate as well. From current online listings with similar mileage, I conservatively estimate about $10K depreciation or about $0.60 / mi.
Thus, this first year has cost me about $0.85 / mile to drive and since it is a luxurious, fantastic, and exciting drive, I am happy with this overall cost.
You have options of buying pre-owned, leasing, or enjoying brand new knowing the first years and miles have the greatest depreciation. Hopefully, these numbers help others making decisions. Also, others can chime in if they’ve experienced similar numbers or suggest something I’ve left out.
And a happy Lucid anniversary to me!