Contact with DA: insights about tax credit, financing etc

apatel87

I just had my first phone call with my delivery advisor. I have a reservation for a Touring with the stealth package, which was initially slated to be delivered in Q1 2023. He had informed me that the new IRS rules will likely deem elucid not a candidate for the $7500 tax credit in 2023, despite having signed agreements, and therefore the only way to guarantee it is by attempting to take delivery in 2022, which he said he will help facilitate.

I also asked him about financing, and there is a advertise rate of 2.81 APR on lucid’s website, although he states that that is not applicable to people who are on the previous pricing scheme, and it is only up applicable to people who are willing to pay full price for their cars. I found that quite a bit disappointing , given how variable they are treating their oldest and most dedicated customers. he states that the rates that he is otherwise getting from Bank of America, which is what Lucid uses is between six and 7%

He told me that there are no trade-ins available at Lucid and so I have to sell my current car on the private market.

I also have significant concerns about winter driving with the 20 inch summer wheels and tires. I would like to avoid buying a 19 inch winter tire package and would rather just put on all season tires onto the 20 inch rims. He said that Lucid would not be willing to change out the tires on the rims for liability reasons, and that I would have to find a third-party place to have that done. Does anybody have any recommendations on what tires to exactly get for all season performance for the 20 inch?

Back