Concept for Apple Carplay :)

Artemis

so.... i was very bored and had nothing to do... so I made a mockup of what I think apple carplay could look like on Lucid UX :). I didn't mock up Android Auto because it would look functionally the same.

Personally, I think carplay and android auto really look out of place in Lucid UX. Looks too cartoonish, even with the upcoming ios 16 apple carplay redesign. Maybe lucid will work some magic when it comes out and it all looks good together. I hope you like it.

(I don't work for lucid, this is only a concept that I made because I was bored. wow those icons are painfully difficult to mock up!)

Attachments

• Frame 15.png
    Frame 15.png
    768 KB · Views: 487
so.... i was very bored and had nothing to do... so I made a mockup of what I think apple carplay could look like on Lucid UX :). I didn't mock up Android Auto because it would look functionally the same.

Personally, I think carplay and android auto really look out of place in Lucid UX. Looks too cartoonish, even with the upcoming ios 16 apple carplay redesign. Maybe lucid will work some magic when it comes out and it all looks good together. I hope you like it.

(I don't work for lucid, this is only a concept that I made because I was bored. wow those icons are painfully difficult to mock up!)
One thing that would help would be to remove the candy-colored wallpaper behind the icons. I believe that is user-customizable? Just a straight up black would be a massive improvement.

Looks very good to me. You should send Lucid Motors a copy of your post. Good job !!

I respect your work and your effort, but agree with you that it looks terribly out of place.

One thing that would help would be to remove the candy-colored wallpaper behind the icons. I believe that is user-customizable? Just a straight up black would be a massive improvement.
that would probably tone it down a bit, but the icons and everything is still a colour bomb in comparison.

The Apple map in the center of cockpit is really sweet! That is how Polestar 2 has it positioned of Google Map, just very functional and practical in line of sight for driver.

Maybe this is what is holding up the release of CarPlay for us?
https://www.macrumors.com/2022/12/28/next-generation-carplay-features/
Don’t think so. I mean, I think Lucid will absolutely want to support this new version eventually. But it’s way too far out for them to wait a full year more without releasing anything.

I’m betting they will release the current CarPlay in the interim. Execs have described development of the feature as “nearly done”.

I hope that Lucid includes a UI update that lets you have built in Music or Nav on the pilot panel while Carplay or Android Auto are active on the upper screen.

I really wish Lucid HQ can use your concept UI, whether CarPlay or not, having map in center of instrument cluster display as toggled option is just a friendly design. Polestar2 and Rivian has it, Lucid can too. TY for reading, Lucid employees.

Yes, the wallpaper of Apple CarPlay is configurable, and I have it set to black, for much the same reason; it just makes it more fluid that way. You can set the wallpaper from AppleCarPlay/Settings.

I have been thinking about this for a while now. I don't see myself using anything other than Apple CarPlay any time soon. Therefore, it's very important for me to see it get deeper integration in Lucid. First, the tapering design of the display collides with the rectangular design of Apple CarPlay. Apple CarPlay should be allowed to take on the full dimension of the display on which data is presented. It should be freed up to present data anywhere the car allows map/music/podcast/calendar data to be presented. This applies to the big console screen as well. Second, I am confident that an OVERwhelming majority of Lucid owners have their life (sans shopping lists) on iOS/MacOS platform. This would be true in the US and in the global marketplace. Therefore, there should be much deeper integration with Siri. Basically, Siri should have the same level of access to APIs that Alexa does. It just makes no sense to be biased toward one voice assistant over others, especially when it is not favored by the target market of these cars.

I would like Apple CarPlay to be totally customizable by manufacturers. Manufacturers should be able to offer "Themes", may be even make them proprietary. So, Lucid could have a whole gamut of Themes exclusively available for its owners. And Apple should also be able to offer its own themes. Widgets should be offered by Lucid just like they are offered by Nest or any other third-party service providers. These widgets could be easily arranged in these "Themes" by car owners. Some may be mandatory (speed, battery, alerts etc), and some optional (Glovebox, Trip) etc.

Bits and pieces are already in existence. AppleWatch Hermes has proprietary watch faces etc. Nike does, too. C'mon guys ... this can be done. Lucid can focus on what it does so well. And collaborate on the software stuff. Jobs said it best when he explained the process for creating iPhones. "AT&T knows more about telecom than we will ever know. So, they had the final say in that. We did the other stuff that we do well." This has been done before!

Back