Cockpit Display

Bulldog

Cars
Lucid Touring
The cockpit display brightens suddenly and then gradually fades, then brightens. Happens every few minutes. Anyone else have this issue?

I sometimes notice a coarse dimming behavior when the sun is very low in the sky or when it is fully overcast out. It comes across as a slow, low-level flicker. Once it gets dark or bright enough outside, mine stops. Does yours happen during certain times of the day or in certain weather?

The cockpit display brightens suddenly and then gradually fades, then brightens. Happens every few minutes. Anyone else have this issue?
It's likely your ambient light sensor. Happens to me when I'm coming out of my garage (due to the change in light outside.) But if it's happening constantly for you, there may be an issue.

I sometimes notice a coarse dimming behavior when the sun is very low in the sky or when it is fully overcast out. It comes across as a slow, low-level flicker. Once it gets dark or bright enough outside, mine stops. Does yours happen during certain times of the day or in certain weather?
Most noticeable first thing in morning and in rainy weather. I think it has to do with the outside light. I did a chat with Lucid but they didn't have an answer. Said to bring it in for service.

It's likely your ambient light sensor. Happens to me when I'm coming out of my garage (due to the change in light outside.) But if it's happening constantly for you, there may be an issue.
The lower the sun in the sky, the greater the likelihood that the car will go in and out of shady areas. So I agree that it is likely the ambient light sensor which may, or may not, be working at spec.

I did not know about the Ambient Light Sensor. Where is this mentioned in the manual?

Back