Climate control has a mind of its own

dingo

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air Pure AWD, MB EQB
Anyone experience the following before?

So I was walking to the car while pushing a grocery cart and often try to stave off the odd time my doors won’t unlock with my phone key by unlocking my phone and opening the app. I did so, could swear I then locked the screen. I let my son and wife get in while I put the groceries in the trunk then returned the cart.

Got in the car and the temp was cranked to 80, air full blast, everything set to auto, defrost on… the works. So I asked my wife and son if they touched anything and they said no. I then shut off auto climate (I never ever use it anyway) and manually set the temp to 70 for each zone and fans down to 2.

Within 15 seconds it, totally on its own, reverted to the full blast 80 degree state. I did it again, it did it again. So I used the logo reset. Still did it after that. So I asked everyone to get out and we walked away. I let the vehicle lock, then checked my phone and the app showed that I had somehow asked the car to turn on the air remotely to 80.

I rebooted my phone to be sure it wasn’t the phone anymore. Then got back in, reset it down to 70 and fans to 2 again… once again it reset to full blast on its own. So I figured we would make the 10 min drive in relative discomfort and just get home. Once we drove like 100 yards, i tried turning it down again and this time it didn’t reset to full blast. No issues since.

Did I accidentally ask the car to full blast the heat remotely and it didn’t listen to my manual override? It’s all I can figure.

Oh I should’ve said it’s a ‘23 AWD Pure on 2.4.10

Anyone experience the following before?

So I was walking to the car while pushing a grocery cart and often try to stave off the odd time my doors won’t unlock with my phone key by unlocking my phone and opening the app. I did so, could swear I then locked the screen. I let my son and wife get in while I put the groceries in the trunk then returned the cart.

Got in the car and the temp was cranked to 80, air full blast, everything set to auto, defrost on… the works. So I asked my wife and son if they touched anything and they said no. I then shut off auto climate (I never ever use it anyway) and manually set the temp to 70 for each zone and fans down to 2.

Within 15 seconds it, totally on its own, reverted to the full blast 80 degree state. I did it again, it did it again. So I used the logo reset. Still did it after that. So I asked everyone to get out and we walked away. I let the vehicle lock, then checked my phone and the app showed that I had somehow asked the car to turn on the air remotely to 80.

I rebooted my phone to be sure it wasn’t the phone anymore. Then got back in, reset it down to 70 and fans to 2 again… once again it reset to full blast on its own. So I figured we would make the 10 min drive in relative discomfort and just get home. Once we drove like 100 yards, i tried turning it down again and this time it didn’t reset to full blast. No issues since.

Did I accidentally ask the car to full blast the heat remotely and it didn’t listen to my manual override? It’s all I can figure.
Thanks for sharing. I just sent you a DM.

Back