Chevy Bolt Getting Price Drop….

MPawelek

Cars
None
General Motors is slashing prices for the 2023 Chevy Bolt EV and Bolt EUV amid high demand for electric vehicles. While other automakers are jacking up EV prices to account for rising commodity costs, GM says it wants to send the message that "affordability has always been a priority for these vehicles."

Under the new pricing scheme, 2023 Bolt EVs with the 1LT trim will start at $26,595, which includes dealer freight charges. That's down from the 2022 price of $32,495, reflecting an 18 percent drop. The 2LT trim, which includes leather seats, HD surround vision, and lane-change alert, starts at $29,795, a 16 percent decrease from the 2022 price of $35,695.

The 2023 Bolt EUV with the LT trim starts at $28,195, also including dealer freight charges an 18 percent drop from the 2022 model year price of $34,495. The Premium trim level of the Bolt EUV will start at $32,695, a 16 percent decrease from the 2022 price of $38,995. Delivery charges are $995 and are reflected in the 2023 starting price for both vehicles and all trim levels, GM says.

Dealers have been marking up the price on some new EVs, especially those in hot demand,, like the Ford F-150 Lightning, GMC Hummer EV, and Kia EV6. This has led to a cycle of enraged customers, spurring news stories about the outrage and leaving automakers scrambling to contain the fallout. The Chevy Bolt and Bolt EUV, however, have experienced very little of this so far.

First introduced in 2016, the Chevy Bolt was intended to be the automaker's first stab at a mass-market purely battery-electric vehicle with 200-plus miles of range and an affordable price tag.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/6/1/23150210/gm-chevy-bolt-ev-euv-price-cut-2023

I saw this yesterday and could be a smart play by GM. Whilst everyone is upping the prices of the car they did the complete opposite and lowered it. I guess it gives new Bolt owners some spare cash to buy a couple of fire extinguishers 😂

The biggest downside to the Bolt is its limited to 55Kw DC Fast Charging speed so we can all enjoy them clogging up chargers for long periods of time.

I saw this yesterday and could be a smart play by GM. Whilst everyone is upping the prices of the car they did the complete opposite and lowered it. I guess it gives new Bolt owners some spare cash to buy a couple of fire extinguishers 😂

The biggest downside to the Bolt is its limited to 55Kw DC Fast Charging speed so we can all enjoy them clogging up chargers for long periods of time.
I guess, but given everyone else is raising prices partly to temper down demand (and additionally due to inflationary pressures) its hard to see how this would be a logical play unless they know their capacity well exceeds demand at the previous price. I can’t see them making any money at this price, but would perhaps bring in new (younger) customers to the brand.

I guess, but given everyone else is raising prices partly to temper down demand (and additionally due to inflationary pressures) its hard to see how this would be a loay unless they know their capacity well exceeds demand at the previous price. I can’t see them making any money at this price, but would perhaps bring in new (younger) customers to the brand.
I actually had a Bolt for 3 weeks prior to the recall. It was a fun, efficient car to drive around town. Unfortunately, the dealer bought it back when the recall happened and we bought a lyriq for my wife. The positive bolt experience motivated me to buy the lyriq.

Well, Someone has to build a entry level EV for the suburban masses. Most EV’s are out of the price range for many folks.

My wife and I were being nostalgic the other day talking about our first house that cost 32k! 😊

Back