Check - Want to confirm my options

misanoblue

Cars
Alfa Romeo
Have Pure reservation at old price.

I did the written binding order in August, and have 3 weeks to confirm my order. I have decided I don't want the car if the tax credit won't work. I've done lots of research, and believe its 50:50.

Options:
1. Ask for refund of $300- don't get car.
2. Order the car, confirm my loss of $300. If I end up not being able to get tax credit, would I only lose the $300? When do you have to pay more than the initial deposit?

If I cannot get the $300 back now, wouldn't it make sense for me to confirm my order, just in case the tax credit ends up working? Lucid can never go after me for more than than the $300 deposit, right?

Have Pure reservation at old price.

I did the written binding order in August, and have 3 weeks to confirm my order. I have decided I don't want the car if the tax credit won't work. I've done lots of research, and believe its 50:50.

Options:
1. Ask for refund of $300- don't get car.
2. Order the car, confirm my loss of $300. If I end up not being able to get tax credit, would I only lose the $300? When do you have to pay more than the initial deposit?

If I cannot get the $300 back now, wouldn't it make sense for me to confirm my order, just in case the tax credit ends up working? Lucid can never go after me for more than than the $300 deposit, right?
I think the best option is here to check with your delivery coordinator. But i think the written agreement is for commit to buy. So you will not get the $300 back if you don't go with buying. The full amount is due when the VIN is assigned and you are given a date to get your vehicle. By the time you have to pay the amount to buy the car IRS would have come out with rules (usually , i think , this happens in Jan).

Back