• Lucid Owners Notice: Text messaging to Customer Care unavailable for two weeks starting the week of July 8th. Click Here for further details.

Charging interrupted after a few minutes.

davidliu

Verified Owner
Cars
Stellar White Air GT
Experienced this yesterday. Charging was repeatedly disrupted after about 2-3 minutes.

Tried a few EA stations, same issue. Until I figured the car was super quiet (no fan noise) during charging. Then I tried reset, exiting the car and lock it with key fob.

Issue resolved, fan came back.

Called CS, was not helpful at all. I never considered the fan could be an issue. Sharing it in case others have the same issue.

That's an odd one. Haven't heard of it before.

Experienced this yesterday. Charging was repeatedly disrupted after about 2-3 minutes.

Tried a few EA stations, same issue. Until I figured the car was super quiet (no fan noise) during charging. Then I tried reset, exiting the car and lock it with key fob.

Issue resolved, fan came back.

Called CS, was not helpful at all. I never considered the fan could be an issue. Sharing it in case others have the same issue.

Had this with a specific L2 charger at my workplace a couple days last week. Home charger and other chargers worked normally. CS came out and pulled codes. Not sure yet if we know whether it was isolated to that charger or was an issue with my car.

This has been happening for me (home charger) since the last update couple days ago). It stops and then restarts- happening all day today. Also did not do the overnight off peak charging.

This has been happening for me (home charger) since the last update couple days ago). It stops and then restarts- happening all day today. Also did not do the overnight off peak charging.
Perhaps a heat related issue (in Sacramento area and it has been over 105 - upwards of 110 here)?

That's an odd one. Haven't heard of it before.
It happened to me yesterday. Authenticates starts and stops. It did the same for a BMW. However it did better with ioniq 5 but also stopped. Perhaps the very hot weather. Other stations were fine.

If your home charging station is the plug-in type, check the plug prongs after charging for a while to make sure they're not hot.

Back