Charging Efficiency

yadaBaga

Active Member

Joined
Nov 11, 2024
Messages
139
Reaction score
241
Cars
Gravity GT
I searched the forums and didn't see any specific numbers for inverter efficiently. Does anyone know how much dropoff to expect from what the amount of electricity that an EV charger is reporting as sent vs what Gravity is reporting as received? I use the Emporia EV Charger on a hardwire connection. Recently, I saw the charger report 57.7KWh used and Lucid app showed 50kwh charge received from that session. Does that dropoff seem normal?

One hiccup in my setup is that the wifi connection to the EV Charger is a little flaky and Emporia says that their charger "catches up" on the reporting whenever connection comes back. It's my first EV, so wondering if these numbers are reasonable or whether the charger reporting is somehow off due to missing wifi connection.
 
I searched the forums and didn't see any specific numbers for inverter efficiently. Does anyone know how much dropoff to expect from what the amount of electricity that an EV charger is reporting as sent vs what Gravity is reporting as received? I use the Emporia EV Charger on a hardwire connection. Recently, I saw the charger report 57.7KWh used and Lucid app showed 50kwh charge received from that session. Does that dropoff seem normal?

One hiccup in my setup is that the wifi connection to the EV Charger is a little flaky and Emporia says that their charger "catches up" on the reporting whenever connection comes back. It's my first EV, so wondering if these numbers are reasonable or whether the charger reporting is somehow off due to missing wifi connection.
Not sure if I follow your question.
> Emporia is an AC to DC charger, correct?
> If so, how do inverters/inverter efficiencies come into play?
 
Yes that's right. Emporia is an L2 at home charger. I thought Lucid inverter was supposed to be quite efficient. If so, am surprised at the drop from charger to car but maybe other factors at play here.
 
I searched the forums and didn't see any specific numbers for inverter efficiently. Does anyone know how much dropoff to expect from what the amount of electricity that an EV charger is reporting as sent vs what Gravity is reporting as received? I use the Emporia EV Charger on a hardwire connection. Recently, I saw the charger report 57.7KWh used and Lucid app showed 50kwh charge received from that session. Does that dropoff seem normal?

One hiccup in my setup is that the wifi connection to the EV Charger is a little flaky and Emporia says that their charger "catches up" on the reporting whenever connection comes back. It's my first EV, so wondering if these numbers are reasonable or whether the charger reporting is somehow off due to missing wifi connection.
You can kind of back this out of EPA numbers and the overall loss is in the 12% to 15% range which matches what you are seeing. There are more losses than just the AC to DC conversion though. Voltage boost, resistive losses and cooling the battery and AC-DC converter must also be included.
 
Back
Top