charging boredom?

Volund

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
So the Lucid Air is my first EV
I had some general questions about you guys who are traveling or charge in public places.
Other than Electrify America where the charge time is 20 minutes or less generally, what do you do while you charge? Some charging stations are at malls and you can walk around for a bit, but if you're at a 150 kw charger or less, how long will it really take to charge, and what do you do while you wait for it to charge? Sleep in the car?

I don't know if it's a stupid question, but just throwing it out there so I can plan something in advance when I do need to charge on road trips and EA stations aren't avilable.
Is 150kw or less even recommended or a waste of time?

150 is perfectly fine for road trips and especially if you're charging 20%-80% it will be a negligible time difference compared to the 350s.

I've done several trips using almost 150s exclusively and by the time I do a bathroom break, maybe get food, check my emails, I'm done and on the road again

150 is perfectly fine for road trips and especially if you're charging 20%-80% it will be a negligible time difference compared to the 350s.

I've done several trips using almost 150s exclusively and by the time I do a bathroom break, maybe get food, check my emails, I'm done and on the road again
Other than Electrify America 350kw, I don't have anything above 100 kw in a 50mi radius of me, so what about like 50-70 kw station? (trying to guage speed times)

Other than Electrify America 350kw, I don't have anything above 100 kw in a 50mi radius of me, so what about like 50-70 kw station? (trying to guage speed times)
Aren't those more like Level 2 chargers? They would not work for me on a toad trip.

Around me, EA's 150s are far more prevalent than the 350s, on the highway road trips there seems to still be more 150s than 350s and half the time you'll see a Chevy Bolt on the only 350. Don't wait for it, jump on the 150

So the Lucid Air is my first EV
I had some general questions about you guys who are traveling or charge in public places.
Other than Electrify America where the charge time is 20 minutes or less generally, what do you do while you charge? Some charging stations are at malls and you can walk around for a bit, but if you're at a 150 kw charger or less, how long will it really take to charge, and what do you do while you wait for it to charge? Sleep in the car?

I don't know if it's a stupid question, but just throwing it out there so I can plan something in advance when I do need to charge on road trips and EA stations aren't avilable.
Is 150kw or less even recommended or a waste of time?
On road trips, if I've already gotten out to take a walk for a bit and I still have more time, I tend to listen to music or podcasts when I'm charging. Or spend some time on the endless entertainment machine that is my phone.

Have to keep up with this forum, after all.

350kw charging is only utilized if you're at a very low state of charge. 40% and above, you might as well use a 150kw charger.

Attachments

• lucid-air-dc-fast-charge-comparison.jpg
    lucid-air-dc-fast-charge-comparison.jpg
    291 KB · Views: 88
On trips I have my charge limit set to 100% although I only charge to 80% max at the fast chargers. That said, there are several times where I will plug the car into an EA, go use the bathroom and get some food. By the time I have returned, the car was already over 80%. So, not a lot of time to wait around “getting bored”. We also frequently travel with the dog. Potty break for both of us will fill up any time the car needs to charge. This car charges fast!

Back