Charging at home on Nema 14-50 AGT hits 136F.

SBR

Cars
AGT X2
my tiny little garage Hvac unit gave way yesteday.

I was a little surprised when I learned it was because it couldn’t keep up with my AGT blowing out 136F+ air when plugged into the lucid supplied mobile charger. The fan behind the front tire wheel well kicks when the car is plugged in to charge overnight.

I don’t know how long this has been going on, but it explains the sporadic charge rate I’ve noticed recently when checking on the app. I had started to get annoyed the charge times would never finish when it said it would. It used to be 37mph constant. But lately it’s been fluctuating between 20 and 34. And the car had been super noisy.

For reference, I’ve had a ton of EVs from Teslas, mustang, bmw, etc over the years. Home charging should not be generating this kind of heat. At a DC charge such as EA, sure, makes sense because it’s taking in 300+ kWh peak.

Anyone see the same?

Attachments

• E3815900-ECF8-4290-9018-5F0B680C7D56.jpeg
    E3815900-ECF8-4290-9018-5F0B680C7D56.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 84
I have noticed the same variable charge rate when I charge in the afternoon at work in Phoenix. This did not happen last summer so it is new with one of the fall or winter OTAs. I had Scottsdale service look at it and they confirmed it. The battery cooling turns on and off causing the variable charging rate to the battery. Last summer, I would see a slower charge rate in the heat, but is was constant. This year we see the variation like the thermal control loop is not well controlled. Lucid says that it was the same last year but just not visible on the app like it is now. I don’t believe that the averaging on the app has changed because I can also see the charge rate decrease when turning on remote climate. That rate of decrease has not changed.

Back