• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

ChargePoint 200kw

APSenec

Cars
2023 Air Pure
I stopped at a ChargePoint unit a few weeks ago and encountered an odd session. Charge power was very erratic initially. These were CP 200kw units. Has anyone experienced this and are CP units reliable? My only other CP experience was on a 62kw unit. Ignore the Mach-e vehicle label in the screen capture. I was charging my 2023 Pure.
Screenshot_20231225-203804.jpg

Oh I’ve been to that location, totally screwed me as it wouldn’t charge and then wouldn’t release the cable either so I had to pull the emergency release in heavy rain. Then a MachE driver who was leaving actually warned me that site was really unreliable in the rain, but I could use the charger he was done using, and it worked fine but I was only pulling about 80kw at 30% SOC. It’s not just EA that has trouble! Meanwhile one of the most reliable EA sites I’ve been to is actually in Maine at the Kittery outlets!

Oh I’ve been to that location, totally screwed me as it wouldn’t charge and then wouldn’t release the cable either so I had to pull the emergency release in heavy rain. Then a MachE driver who was leaving actually warned me that site was really unreliable in the rain, but I could use the charger he was done using, and it worked fine but I was only pulling about 80kw at 30% SOC. It’s not just EA that has trouble! Meanwhile one of the most reliable EA sites I’ve been to is actually in Maine at the Kittery outlets!
That is interesting. This site already has a reputation. It’s not 6 months old. The erratic power looked similar to the Signet issue folks have observed. Maybe there were EA charger secretly feeding this remotely. It is very unfortunate as the location is great. It could be excellent support for interstate traffic.
And yes, the Kittery site seems to be a top performer.

That is interesting. This site already has a reputation. It’s not 6 months old. The erratic power looked similar to the Signet issue folks have observed. Maybe there were EA charger secretly feeding this remotely. It is very unfortunate as the location is great. It could be excellent support for interstate traffic.
And yes, the Kittery site seems to be a top performer.
Oh my mistake it was not that site, it was this one:

Attachments

• IMG_2555.png
    IMG_2555.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
Back