Changing the fob battery

EVCar

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
GT
In the last week, twice I've seen the message key not detected so I figured I should change the battery.
For this fob, a new battery was put in by SC the end of December and tonight it measured 2.8 volts.
I used a small flat screwdriver to pry open the cover.
I put the cover back on by sliding the 2 tabs on one side underneath the fob case and then just force down the opposite side.
Looked to me that the cover itself was the thing that'd hold down the battery as when I put in the new battery, it was still protruding about 1 mm above the ring and there was no mechanism to hold the battery in place.
Posting here to get feedback if I'd done this the wrong way.
The other thing is if this is the correct way to put the battery cover onto the fob case, I'm concerned about wearing out or even breaking the tabs? They do look a bit thin.
(Since I haven't seen any problem reported by Dream owners, I assume I shouldn't have any issue for at least a year)

In the last week, twice I've seen the message key not detected so I figured I should change the battery.
For this fob, a new battery was put in by SC the end of December and tonight it measured 2.8 volts.
I used a small flat screwdriver to pry open the cover.
I put the cover back on by sliding the 2 tabs on one side underneath the fob case and then just force down the opposite side.
Looked to me that the cover itself was the thing that'd hold down the battery as when I put in the new battery, it was still protruding about 1 mm above the ring and there was no mechanism to hold the battery in place.
Posting here to get feedback if I'd done this the wrong way.
The other thing is if this is the correct way to put the battery cover onto the fob case, I'm concerned about wearing out or even breaking the tabs? They do look a bit thin.
(Since I haven't seen any problem reported by Dream owners, I assume I shouldn't have any issue for at least a year)
mm, so the cover is not flush with the rest of the case? It should be. Push harder? my fob battery is an afterthought now compared to a year ago. Also, I also get a key not detected every now and then but it goes away in 1 second, I figure it's just a bug and it doesn't ask me for a pin or anything.

Is the battery in correct side up? Sometimes that will affect fit in certain devices.

mm, so the cover is not flush with the rest of the case? It should be. Push harder? my fob battery is an afterthought now compared to a year ago. Also, I also get a key not detected every now and then but it goes away in 1 second, I figure it's just a bug and it doesn't ask me for a pin or anything.
The cover is flush with the case. It's the battery that isn't because there's no mechanism to hold it down. I think the cover is what presses the battery down and hold it in place.
I wasn't asked for a pin either, but I figured since it had been 3 months, maybe a new batter would help.
The voltage had dropped down to 2.8 volts but I don't know it that was below the critical level.

Back