Bobby

Referral code: 82LNN7ZP
Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
AGT, I Pace, DB9
Referral Code
82LNN7ZP
Ok... let's see if our collective forum brain can predict the release of CarPlay/Android Auto.

I first must consult Carnac ... will return later with his predictions .....

Attachments

• Carnac_the_Magnificent.jpg
    Carnac_the_Magnificent.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 69
They will announce it on 4/1 and then say, "just kidding, April FOOLS". After that, they will just say, "hopefully, soon".

I vote for “coming soon”.

This is all very funny, but … Come on, Lucid! It feels as though communication with owners has gone from mediocre to dismal. (Explanations of software updates, discussed elsewhere, being an example.)

Sure, software companies are understandably reluctant to give dates for future improvements. Only Carplay is a feature I was promised when I first looked at the car one year ago. It’s late. An update on the situation would be welcome.

I think communication went from dismal/nonexistent to mediocre and now on its' way back down again in certain respects. Isn't that the definition of a rollercoaster? I think that is an apt description of Lucid in so many respects. I love the car and how it drives, but have come to a point where my expectations in other respects regarding Lucid just aren't that high any longer.

I think if Lucid truly knew when they might be releasing this, they might give some broader guidance, like "by the end of the first quarter", or "by the middle of the year" or "hopefully, by year-end".

In the meantime, I try to be happy with the car "as-is" and pray nothing goes wrong that requires my car to visit a Service Center.

This is all very funny, but … Come on, Lucid! It feels as though communication with owners has gone from mediocre to dismal. (Explanations of software updates, discussed elsewhere, being an example.)

Sure, software companies are understandably reluctant to give dates for future improvements. Only Carplay is a feature I was promised when I first looked at the car one year ago. It’s late. An update on the situation would be welcome.
Lucid has shown how they want to play the game. They do nothing on the communication front to existing owners. No quarterly newsletter, nothing. All the Twitter feed seems to be doing is rehashing the same old information. I've only received 2 communications from Lucid since owning the car. One was a survey and the other was the UX2.0 but everything else seems to be discovered in here. Communication has been an issue from day 1 and hasn't changed so I suspect Lucid feels it's irrelevant to keep customers informed of upcoming things not just for the car but the company, so don't expect it to change.

As for being promised CarPlay. Don't ever buy a car based on promises. Where has Lucid officially given a CarPlay release date? They haven't. I think i've only seen it once from a Lucid employee that they were hoping for Q3 or Q4 last year but "hoping" isn't a confirmation. It's all been based on speculation in here with a prime example of this post saying "it's coming end of January" via a little birdie. Who was the birdie? a Lucid employee so far down the totem pole that doesn't really know what's going on or an Exec because if it's coming from the Service Center then I would take what they say with a grain of salt.

As far as Lucid is concerned "it's coming" doesn't mean they have to deliver it today, they can deliver it next year if they want to.

Per Rawlinson in his August (or thereabouts) earnings call...

“And specifically, with regards to CarPlay, we’re actually in a beta testing phase of validating right now. And actually, we plan to release the final version in the near future. So, stay tune and wait for that,” Peter said.

There have been comments coming from Lucid personnel for quite some time. from sales people, to Lucid execs, including Rawlinson himself.

Bottom line, like @HC_79 stated, do not believe anything that they have said with respect to attributes not currently installed/included. Well, believe it at your own risk of disappointment...

Derek Jenkins also stated in his "Ask me" session that it would be, "Hopefully by the end of the year."

The poor communication is the reason I am hoping that the PIF buyout is real. The car is spectacular, but the management team has failed in all aspects of customer communication. It seems that they are paralyzed with fear of upsetting the stock price, which in turn has diminished the stock price to the point where a hostile take over is a real possibility.

I think we are all adults and can handle “we are having a hard time obtaining Apple approval and we are trying to get CarPlay active by March”. Instead, we have to rely on “I know a guy who knows a guy who works at Lucid and he says that we will have CarPlay by March”.

What is the plan for scheduled charging? Does Lucid even acknowledge that this version of software has many bugs? If so, are they even working to fix them? All I’ve seen is door and headlight enhancements. This is just basic communication, but the lack of respect that Lucid has for their customers is actually sad. I hope a new communications team can do a better job if and when change comes. Just tell us, we can handle it.

Derek Jenkins also stated in his "Ask me" session that it would be, "Hopefully by the end of the year."
There's that word again.... "hopefully"

I would suspect something is wrong with the implementation. Given Peter and Derek's comments I don't think they're deliberately holding it up for shits and giggles.

Why release the present version when there is a new version around the corner?

Back