Carolinas

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
Check in here if you are from North or South Carolina or have specific questions/comments related to the area.

Hi, I am in Charlotte, just picked up my Touring from Tysons Corner. Is there really only one EA charger in the city?

Hi, I am in Charlotte, just picked up my Touring from Tysons Corner. Is there really only one EA charger in the city?
Might’ve been good to research this first…. That said, it doesn’t really matter if there is an EA right near your home. They are really meant for road trips. Make sure you have a home charger for your day to day driving.

I am having it installed this week and there is a very nice charger at the BP near my house. I was just surprised that there werent more given that we are a major city

That’s it, just the one location, but I have never been there after owning the car since last July. That said, the one in Greensboro is great as is the one in Commerce, GA. I charge at home and haven’t taken many trips. Make sure and plan for any trips you plan to take. The infrastructure in the southeast needs to improve by leaps and bounds if the expansion into EV’s is really a thing.

I am having it installed this week and there is a very nice charger at the BP near my house. I was just surprised that there werent more given that we are a major city
There are also two EVGo’s and a few BPs that have charging stations there - only one EA, but plenty of paid options.

I thought a new EA was going to open in Uptown, but I don't see it as an upcoming station. I don't know what happened. It would be nice to have more than one.

I am in Charlotte and have interest in getting a Lucid (probably a Touring), but with the nearest test drive being many hours away, I wanted to see if any current local owners would be willing to let me check out one of their cars here locally so I can make sure it is actually a good fit for me.

I am in Charlotte and have interest in getting a Lucid (probably a Touring), but with the nearest test drive being many hours away, I wanted to see if any current local owners would be willing to let me check out one of their cars here locally so I can make sure it is actually a good fit for me.
I would be happy to let you test drive my Air

Thank you. I really appreciate it. I will share my information in a direct message once I figure out how to send a direct message on this forum.
Fixed this

I live in Bethesda, MD. Charging is no problem. But I am heading to my home state (NC) tomorrow. Much to my chagrin, there are very few places to charge in the Winston-Salem area. The EA in Greensboro is where I will have to charge. Any real world information about that station? Busier times, for example. BTW, any one in the DC area who’s craving Lexington BBQ, let me know.

I live in Bethesda, MD. Charging is no problem. But I am heading to my home state (NC) tomorrow. Much to my chagrin, there are very few places to charge in the Winston-Salem area. The EA in Greensboro is where I will have to charge. Any real world information about that station? Busier times, for example. BTW, any one in the DC area who’s craving Lexington BBQ, let me know.
It will be close, but you may not have to charge at all. I’ve made it in my GT from Pinehurst to Stafford VA before I needed a charge. The Greensboro station is usually not very busy, but usually competing with Rivians and Kias for spots. Never had issues with the charge rate or plug and charge there on the 150s. There’s a big Walmart and Lowe’s and several food choices nearby. Definitely a charging desert In NC. You could try a top up in Henderson NC on the way as an alternative (I have never used this EA site)?

Close was right. I had 15 miles left when I got to the EA in Greensboro. Very nice station but I had a bunch of problems. EA didn’t recognize my car as a Lucid. I had to unplug and replug several times before the charger engaged with the car. At one point I could not get the charger to disengage from the car’s charge port. I was sort of freaking out when the guy next to me told me to try locking my doors and that worked. I was at a 350 kWh charger, so once everything started working, I got an initial charge of 255 kWh. Of course that dropped off a lot as I approached 90% charge. I am heading back to DC area soon and found that there are a couple more EA charging stations located at Sheetz stations. Usually just 4 chargers, but that is a great start. They are just off of the highway and I found both of them using the EA app. I sure learned some lessons on this, my first, road trip. If your expect to drive fast (i.e. 70 to 80) using HA with the radio, seat heater, massage function engaged in cooler weather, you can expect to get about 320 instead of 500 miles on a full charge. I drove the last 20 miles with every turned off. Whew.

It will be close, but you may not have to charge at all. I’ve made it in my GT from Pinehurst to Stafford VA before I needed a charge. The Greensboro station is usually not very busy, but usually competing with Rivians and Kias for spots. Never had issues with the charge rate or plug and charge there on the 150s. There’s a big Walmart and Lowe’s and several food choices nearby. Definitely a charging desert In NC. You could try a top up in Henderson NC on the way as an alternative (I have never used this EA site)?

Close was right. I had 15 miles left when I got to the EA in Greensboro. Very nice station but I had a bunch of problems. EA didn’t recognize my car as a Lucid. I had to unplug and replug several times before the charger engaged with the car. At one point I could not get the charger to disengage from the car’s charge port. I was sort of freaking out when the guy next to me told me to try locking my doors and that worked. I was at a 350 kWh charger, so once everything started working, I got an initial charge of 255 kWh. Of course that dropped off a lot as I approached 90% charge. I am heading back to DC area soon and found that there are a couple more EA charging stations located at Sheetz stations. Usually just 4 chargers, but that is a great start. They are just off of the highway and I found both of them using the EA app. I sure learned some lessons on this, my first, road trip. If your expect to drive fast (i.e. 70 to 80) using HA with the radio, seat heater, massage function engaged in cooler weather, you can expect to get about 320 instead of 500 miles on a full charge. I drove the last 20 miles with every turned off. Whew.
Correction: I locked and then unlocked my doors to get the charger to release from the port.

There’s an emergency release if you ever get stuck with the plug not letting go again. If you open the frunk you can see it above the charge port. (There are pics in the manual.)

@AnnAlbin - I am near Bethesda. May I ask which, if any, EA chargers you have found reliable and performant? The ones in Kensington and Wheaton are nowhere to be found despite showing up on the list/map.

I picked up my AT last week and am trying to figure out how these chargers work in the area.

@AnnAlbin - I am near Bethesda. May I ask which, if any, EA chargers you have found reliable and performant? The ones in Kensington and Wheaton are nowhere to be found despite showing up on the list/map.

I picked up my AT last week and am trying to figure out how these chargers work in the area.
Montgomery mall is the closest that I’ve used. Trying to work out the parking is a little difficult. I’ve also used the ones in Columbia and Ellicott City. These are the closest ea stations that I have found to Dc/Baltimore. The Staffford Va site has the most chargers 10 or so. The best source for charging info - EA app, ABRP app or plughshare?

Montgomery mall is the closest that I’ve used. Trying to work out the parking is a little difficult. I’ve also used the ones in Columbia and Ellicott City. These are the closest ea stations that I have found to Dc/Baltimore. The Staffford Va site has the most chargers 10 or so. The best source for charging info - EA app, ABRP app or plughshare?
Thanks for this info. I appreciate it! I will give the Montgomery Mall one a try soon. EA app says they have chargers at Westfield Wheaton, though I am always anxious driving around Silver Spring given how bad the crime has gotten around there and in DC.

Thanks for this info. I appreciate it! I will give the Montgomery Mall one a try soon. EA app says they have chargers at Westfield Wheaton, though I am always anxious driving around Silver Spring given how bad the crime has gotten around there and in DC.
I agree that the Montgomery Mall chargers are the way to go. However, they are busy. I usually head over after the stores close. The ones at Wheaton Mall are really hard to find. There is a parking garage next to Macy’s which is parallel to University Blvd. EA is on one of the lower floors. I have used it twice. Very busy. Not sure I could find it again.

Back