Cancelled My Lucid Pure Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

MnA_Guy

Cars
Lucid Air Pure
I fell in love with the Lucid when I first saw the company's Youtube videos on the technical innovations behind the vehicle. The look of the car spoke for itself and to this day continues to impress me. It's been a crazy journey of ordering the vehicle and monitoring the company's progress for over a year. It comes to an end today as I decided not to move forward with my invite to place the order and to instead cancel my reservation.

As people received their order, the reviews rolled in. Everybody was impressed by the driving dynamics of the vehicle and the luxurious feel of the interior. So was I. Test driving the Touring blew me away. However, what got me concerned was the reports on the various issues that rendered the car completely useless for period of time: refusal to unlock after OTA, refusal to unlock when out of cell range, spontaneous turtle mode, etc. Then it dawned on me. I'm a beta tester (I know, I'm a slow one when it comes to that realization). Frankly these are issues that come naturally with beta testing and it's all fair game. But I can't sign up to beta test when I need this car to be close to 100% reliable. I'm buying it for the ole ball and chain and I can't have it randomly locking her out in the middle of nowhere. That would jeopardize my safety - she will kill me for buying this car as soon as she's able to get it moving again.

Instead, I will be purchasing a Taycan. Lesser range but still a good looker and I can option with massage seats + large battery at the low $100k range. I'm going to miss y'all. It's been fun lurking these forums for the last year and reading about everyone's adventures. Here's to wishing you all a bug-less and dreamy journey with your Lucid's, I'll still be ogling your vehicles when I bump into y'all!

...Instead, I will be purchasing a Taycan...

211732631-41a6c1b0-eedc-4eb6-aff3-d03d429f0a0d.png

----

"An owner from New York states quite simply that “the car shifted from drive to park twice within a 10 minute drive unexpectedly. Both times occurred while driving under 5 mph and stopped at a traffic light.”

But an owner from Colorado goes into much more detail stating that the vehicle randomly shifts while in reverse and drive.

“This situation has been dangerous each time it has happened.” The problems were that the driver “was in traffic, and unaware that my vehicle (was) no longer in gear until I tried to accelerate, and my car was unresponsive. I can’t imagine how your vehicle not being in the gear you put it in, is not a safety concern. I also fear that the vehicle may go into park while at highway speeds, and be catastrophic.”

Alarmingly, the dealer told him that “she believes this is normal operation because she has heard of it happening.”

---
DateFeb 16, 2023
StateCA
I was driving at high speed on the freeway when, suddenly and without warning, the vehicle lost all power. A message reading “electrical system error park vehicle in a safe placeâ€. I was able to glide across five lanes in rush hour traffic to the breakdown lane.

There are other choices, The Genesis GV60 is a great choice if she likes a smaller (exterior) vehicle. If she can wait, and doesn't need total luxury, the new Ionic 6 will be a terrific car. The same applies to the Ionic 6/Kia EV6. Next year the BMW I5 will be announced and I expect that it will be a great EV.

The BMW IX is, IMO, a great driving EV but it is too ugly for my taste. But, taste is in the eye of the beholder. The BMW I4 drives well if she can tolerate the bugs bunny grille and if the near luxury of a 4 series is acceptable to her.

The Taycan is a nice looking car. I saw one the other day from a distance and thought I was looking at a Pure (same color roof as body).

I have an acquaintance who recently bought Taycan Turbo. He only learned about my Lucid AGT later and wished he could have gotten Lucid. However, Porsche and BMW were all he’s familiar with.

Owned a 2020 Taycan 4S for 2 years. Had lots of strange unexplained events (growing pains) during ownership. Longest out of service of the car was 12 days waiting for parts. Most OTA updates had to be done at the dealership, usually a two day affair. I kept the Porsche for four months, post Lucid ownership, but decided to sell after coming to realization that it was not driven much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back