Canada

Thehack

Verified Owner
Cars
Volvo XC 90 T8
I am unsure if there are any Canadians here. I placed my order last year (I had a reservation prior to order sometime in 2020 - Air GT). I am in Calgary, and my DA is in Vancouver.

Was hoping I could start, or get started a Canadian list here for Local Community.

Appreciate the forum, and looking forward to confirming my order!

I’m Canadian although currently splitting my time between San diego and Vancouver. My GT is allegedly going to be delivered sometime in the next 2-6 weeks. Fingers crossed!

What’s the estimated time to confirmation/delivery in Canada currently?

I’m Canadian although currently splitting my time between San diego and Vancouver. My GT is allegedly going to be delivered sometime in the next 2-6 weeks. Fingers crossed!

Are you taking delivery down here in San Diego?

Based on what my DA mentioned on March 11th : "start shipping our Lucid Air Grand Touring trim models within 2-4month" (sic)

I also read an article someone posted on these forums regarding Canadians expecting shipping to start in spring... I dunno if they mean "Calendar Spring" or Canadian Spring :p

Hi there, fellow Canadian here. Went to the Yorkdale Studio around the end of March (about a week after they first opened) just to see what Lucid was all about. Was blown away by the powertrain, interior and build quality and reserved a Pure on the spot.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, and I bumped up that up to a Grand Touring Performance in the Cosmos Silver/Mojave Interior, since I was told that availability for the Silver and GT P was from Q3 anyways. I was also told that Canada wouldn't be able to order the GT P until the end of the month, but I had a (now patched) workaround that let me change my reservation to a Performance. Confirmed with my SA that my configuration went through and that it should be the first, at least in the GTA. Was told that I'll be contacted in the next few weeks to finalize my order.

I've been lurking the forums, and I plan to do a gloss black PPF on the roof/mirrors, a matte PPF on the silver paint, wrapping the brake calipers in red, some form of heat rejection window films and ceramic coating the whole car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220415-123344_Brave.png
    Screenshot_20220415-123344_Brave.png
    401.9 KB · Views: 157
Hi there, fellow Canadian here. Went to the Yorkdale Studio around the end of March (about a week after they first opened) just to see what Lucid was all about. Was blown away by the powertrain, interior and build quality and reserved a Pure on the spot.

Fast forward 2 weeks later, and I bumped up that up to a Grand Touring Performance in the Cosmos Silver/Mojave Interior, since I was told that availability for the Silver and GT P was from Q3 anyways. I was also told that Canada wouldn't be able to order the GT P until the end of the month, but I had a (now patched) workaround that let me change my reservation to a Performance. Confirmed with my SA that my configuration went through and that it should be the first, at least in the GTA. Was told that I'll be contacted in the next few weeks to finalize my order.

I've been lurking the forums, and I plan to do a gloss black PPF on the roof/mirrors, a matte PPF on the silver paint, wrapping the brake calipers in red, some form of heat rejection window films and ceramic coating the whole car.
Congrats! Good luck on the wait. I have been looking forward to getting mine for some time. I am supposed to be getting a call to confirm within the next couple weeks. I will not hold my breathe, but I cannot help getting excited. I have been looking forward to this for 2 years!

Congrats! Good luck on the wait. I have been looking forward to getting mine for some time. I am supposed to be getting a call to confirm within the next couple weeks. I will not hold my breathe, but I cannot help getting excited. I have been looking forward to this for 2 years!
I roughly remember when they first announced the car in 2016, and that I was pretty much unproductive for me that day researching on the car from press articles. I'm glad they didn't go the way of the other startups that launched around that time (which was why I was hesitant to put commit until now) and that Lucid is still here now. So, technically my wait has been for 6 years :p. Looking forward to you getting your car in the next few months!

Big jump from the Pure to a Grand Touring P. Congratulations!

I roughly remember when they first announced the car in 2016, and that I was pretty much unproductive for me that day researching on the car from press articles. I'm glad they didn't go the way of the other startups that launched around that time (which was why I was hesitant to put commit until now) and that Lucid is still here now. So, technically my wait has been for 6 years :p. Looking forward to you getting your car in the next few months!
Yah, I was bouncing between lucid and rivian, but once I heard the size of the battery pack on the rivian (and the range it provided) my mind was made up.

Big jump from the Pure to a Grand Touring P. Congratulations!
Oh yeah it definitely is. I'm pretty small sized, and I can tell that without the sunroof I could imagine myself feeling pretty claustrophobic in my seating position. Upgraded to the GT less than 12 hours later.
Yah, I was bouncing between lucid and rivian, but once I heard the size of the battery pack on the rivian (and the range it provided) my mind was made up.
Haha yeah I understand what you mean. I was cross shopping the Taycan, EQS and Model S. The difference between the Rivian and the Air are quite huge, with one being a sedan and the other a pickup truck. If the powertrain and tech were similar, which one would you have gone for?

Oh yeah it definitely is. I'm pretty small sized, and I can tell that without the sunroof I could imagine myself feeling pretty claustrophobic in my seating position. Upgraded to the GT less than 12 hours later.

Haha yeah I understand what you mean. I was cross shopping the Taycan, EQS and Model S. The difference between the Rivian and the Air are quite huge, with one being a sedan and the other a pickup truck. If the powertrain and tech were similar, which one would you have gone for?
Likely the Lucid. Rivian I was more interested in the R1S. The fit and finish of the Lucid just seems more my speed. I was looking at the EQS but when I saw the horror story of the dealer market I was like... NOPE.

My wife is still contemplating the Taycan. Tesla was never in the picture. I never liked their interior.

Likely the Lucid. Rivian I was more interested in the R1S. The fit and finish of the Lucid just seems more my speed. I was looking at the EQS but when I saw the horror story of the dealer market I was like... NOPE.

My wife is still contemplating the Taycan. Tesla was never in the picture. I never liked their interior.
Interesting to hear your thoughts - and I pretty much have to agree with you on them, especially with the Tesla interiors (coming from a Model 3 Performance).

Assuming everything is on track, will you be getting your car in time before the proposed luxury tax hits? If not, will that affect your position on getting the Lucid?

Interesting to hear your thoughts - and I pretty much have to agree with you on them, especially with the Tesla interiors (coming from a Model 3 Performance).

Assuming everything is on track, will you be getting your car in time before the proposed luxury tax hits? If not, will that affect your position on getting the Lucid?
Wow... I did not even know about this... what a pain... no ev incentive... they are discouraging in this backwards country.

Supposedly I should be for delivery in July. Unsure when this tax rolls out?

Wow... I did not even know about this... what a pain... no ev incentive... they are discouraging in this backwards country.

Supposedly I should be for delivery in July. Unsure when this tax rolls out?
I was notified by my SA about it when I chose Cosmos Silver on the GT (deliveries from Q3 22'). It potentially comes into effect in September, and more details are here. Since you're apparently taking delivery in July, you should be all good. I myself on the other hand, am looking at $300k for the GT P before insurance.

Ouch... seems a little insane. Would be nice if they ever gave someone incentives for ev. However, not filling up a gas tank again is incentive enough for me.

Back