Buying New Charge Cable

Amar G

Cars
Lucid GT
Hello All,
I'm starting my 2nd year with my Air GT and I still love it! A question I have is I'm looking to buy an additional level 2 charging cable for my beach house where I had a standard level 2 outlet installed. Would you suggest buying it direct from Lucid or are there other makers that are better/cheaper?

Depending on your wiring at your main home, you could install a hardwired EVSE there and keep the Lucid mobile connector for travelling?

I’m a big Grizzl-E fan, I have one at my vacation home. Here’s their mobile solution:

Comes with adapters for a bunch of different outlets. Their new smart wall charger is nice, too.

For home use, my Juice Box has been perfect. I bought it in 2018 for the I Pace and now use it for both vehicles. Highly recommended.

I have a ChargePoint Flex which works well.. Those above are good options, as are others. Might look at the inside EV reviews:

I had contacted Lucid about buying a second charging cable to keep plugged into a separate 240v/50a NEMA 14-50 plug tied into the house/solar breaker (I have a ChargePoint Home Flex connected to a separate meter/breaker which allows Off-Peak charging rates). It is in the works and they said it could be available this past April. I just reached out to them a couple days go for a status. I want to keep the mobile charging cable that came with the car on board for emergencies and didn't want to have to plug/unplug if from the 240v outlet in my garage. I'm assuming it will show up on the accessories page at some point.

I bought a second mobile charging set from Lucid when I took delivery back in December. They didn't mention the price when I asked for it....it was quite pricey. $800. I use the second one here at home aways plugged in. The second one stays in the car for when I travel. I suppose getting an EVSE would have been more practical. Take a look at State of Charge on YouTube. Tom rates all the different EVSEs on the market.

I had contacted Lucid about buying a second charging cable to keep plugged into a separate 240v/50a NEMA 14-50 plug tied into the house/solar breaker (I have a ChargePoint Home Flex connected to a separate meter/breaker which allows Off-Peak charging rates). It is in the works and they said it could be available this past April. I just reached out to them a couple days go for a status. I want to keep the mobile charging cable that came with the car on board for emergencies and didn't want to have to plug/unplug if from the 240v outlet in my garage. I'm assuming it will show up on the accessories page at some point.
You don’t really need a Lucid branded one, there are plenty of them available from other sources.

You don’t really need a Lucid branded one, there are plenty of them available from other sources.
Thanks for that info - any particular recommendations?

Hello All,
I'm starting my 2nd year with my Air GT and I still love it! A question I have is I'm looking to buy an additional level 2 charging cable for my beach house where I had a standard level 2 outlet installed. Would you suggest buying it direct from Lucid or are there other makers that are better/cheaper?
I have an Emporia L2 charger which has been wonderful, exceeded my expectations, and is relatively inexpensive.

It can be installed hardwire up to 60Amp (effective 48Amp), or NEMA 14-50 (50/40amp effective). Wiring up to AWG 4 (AWG 3 is not supported) so keep that in mind.

I provide an extensive review on this site here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/has-anyone-used-an-emporia-home-charger.4998/post-124131

It's $399 on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09ZNN3JB7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

All I am looking for is the basic charging cable to plug into my NEMA 14-50 outlet, which does not have peak/off peak rates tied to it. I will just let the car scheduling do the heavy lifting.

There’s a bunch on Amazon if you search “L2 40A charger”. But most of those are no-name brands so if it were me I’d spend a little more and go with one of the more recognized names - most of which have been mentioned above

For home use, my Juice Box has been perfect. I bought it in 2018 for the I Pace and now use it for both vehicles. Highly recommended.
I second Juicebox. Great product and has always worked flawlessly.

Back