Broken windshield in Grand Touring.

That sucks. I’m sure Lucid has you covered. I don’t think safelite would attempt that.

On twitter, someone reported $1500 for the windshield and $400 labor as posted by @hydbob. I think someone else was quoted a higher labor cost. Lucid has replaced a few windshields. I assume the transport company is covering the cost?

This will definitely be covered by the transport company's insurance

@Maverick was quoted $2500.

If anyone has thoughts on this or other things to help protect the windshield, please let us know. I remember someone posted the price of a windshield a while back. It was roughly $1500 (which was a lot, but not as bad as I thought it would be). Well, I'm here to tell you that the $1500 is the price of the glass only. The install is a day and half process including calibration and the total cost is going to be $2505 + tax. In AZ, the insurance company should be required to pay for it, but I'm guessing another one any time in the next decade will probably get me blackballed. Really hoping that Lucid gets to a point where they can repair smaller cracks.

How much for labor? I would expect around 2K. Def not as bad as feared!

Still waiting to hear when the windshield will come in. It's only been 12 days, but I do think that getting these replacements will take some time as more Lucids get out on the road while they're also ramping up production. Process to replace is more than a day, btw. Definitely no Safelite in the near future.

I also experienced a windshield crack in my second month due to a stone chipped off by a truck driving ahead of me. The expense for the repair currently stands at $2,475.87.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 10.48.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-06-14 at 10.48.02 AM.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 106
I also experienced a windshield crack in my second month due to a stone chipped off by a truck driving ahead of me. The expense for the repair currently stands at $2,475.87.
Did your insurance cover it?

Ooof that's painful $2500 just on windshield.

I chose not to make a claim. I am sure it would have covered it.

May I ask why? From my understanding, windshield and windows repair/replacement shouldn't increase your premium unlike collisions. You'd just have to pay the deductible but you can call to ask them to be sure.

That’s not bad for such a big windshield, I got quoted almost $3000 for a Q7 windshield replacement by Audi dealership last year so went with Safelite and got it done for $1200. Audi stealerships smh

Ooof that's painful $2500 just on windshield.

May I ask why? From my understanding, windshield and windows repair/replacement shouldn't increase your premium unlike collisions. You'd just have to pay the deductible but you can call to ask them to be sure.
We have had several claims in the last five years, and I was trying to avoid adding one more. You have tempted me though:)

That’s not bad for such a big windshield, I got quoted almost $3000 for a Q7 windshield replacement by Audi dealership last year so went with Safelite and got it done for $1200. Audi stealerships smh
My 10 yr old mazda's windshield cracked just last month for the first time. Some kids were playing with rocks and may have hit m y car. Mazda quoted 1200. I got it replaced for $300 at Safelite.

Thankfully I didnt bring my Lucid that day

We have had several claims in the last five years, and I was trying to avoid adding one more. You have tempted me though:)
Read your policy, but glass claims should not (assuming you have comprehensive coverage) affect your premiums.

Read your policy, but glass claims should not (assuming you have comprehensive coverage) affect your premiums.
Was going to recommend the same thing. Have had windshields repaired/replaced in the past with no impact to premiums...

Back