Brightness adjustment at night key fob vs mobile key

Bill55

Verified Owner
Cars
Sapphire - Dream Edition
DE Number
The brightness adjustment for the screens at night. If you imagine the slider as being from 1-10.

From 4 or 5 down to 1 the screen does not dim anymore. Video attached. Someone decided what the minimum brightness would be and it is brighter than I would like.

The "pass airbag off" above the mirror is a very nice yellow with a touch of orange, which is perfect because at night it glows like the sun.

Every time I check my rear view mirror it effects my night vision and it is distracting. It is the brightest thing in the cabin and unavoidable when checking rear view mirror.

I deleted the Mobile key and started using the Fob in “passive manner” ie stays in pocket.

It works much much better and more consistently than the Mobile key.

I would still prefer an option to use a physical touch of the door handle to lock and unlock. Also option to unlock Driver door only on first touch.

The proximity based lock unlock is still inconsistent and frequently not locking or unlocking when I want.

Hoping the Mobile key will see improvement as I would prefer to use it. One less thing to keep track of.

Attachments

• pass airbag.jpeg
    pass airbag.jpeg
    49.7 KB · Views: 314
Every time I check my rear view mirror it effects my night vision and it is distracting. It is the brightest thing in the cabin and unavoidable when checking rear view mirror.

Our Model S Plaid does not have self-dimming rearview mirrors inside or out, and it drives me crazy, especially with the huge pickups that prowl Florida roads with high headlights, fog lamps, and everything else they can turn on blazing into the mirrors.

Please, please tell me that Lucid has mirror dimming?

It does

The brightness adjustment for the screens at night. If you imagine the slider as being from 1-10.

From 4 or 5 down to 1 the screen does not dim anymore. Video attached. Someone decided what the minimum brightness would be and it is brighter than I would like.

The "pass airbag off" above the mirror is a very nice yellow with a touch of orange, which is perfect because at night it glows like the sun.

I deleted the Mobile key and started using the Fob in “passive manner” ie stays in pocket.

It works much much better and more consistently than the Mobile key.

I would still prefer an option to use a physical touch of the door handle to lock and unlock. Also option to unlock Driver door only on first touch.

The proximity based lock unlock is still inconsistent and frequently not locking or unlocking when I want.

Hoping the Mobile key will see improvement as I would prefer to use it. One less thing to keep track of.

Black electrical tape, problem solved until there is a fix. Use a sheet of paper and a pencil to shade the shape, cut out and use Exacto to cut tape to shape of light.

Already done. I had a small piece of window tint in the garage.

Back