Breathing the Air in Aurora, IL

wdupre1

Cars
Lucid Air GT
Picked up my GT (Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels) on Wed. June 29 at Goose Island in Chicago. It's quite a big step up from my 2017 Chevy Bolt, although both the Air and the Bolt share the accolade of being a MotorTrend car of the year. 😎

Picked up my GT (Zenith Red, Tahoe Interior, 19” Aero Range Wheels) on Wed. June 29 at Goose Island in Chicago. It's quite a big step up from my 2017 Chevy Bolt, although both the Air and the Bolt share the accolade of being a MotorTrend car of the year. 😎
Nice! And congrats on staying loyal to the MotorTrend cars of the year!

Can you share what the pick up was like? If/when I ever get my car it will come out of Goose Island, and I'm considering getting myself there (from the Twin Cities in MN) and driving back. Curious if anything came up that will require you to take the car back for any follow up? New PDI hopefully caught everything, but inquiring minds...

Big bump from my 2018 Nissan Leaf too. Doesn’t she drive well!?

Congrats @wdupre1 - may I ask when you confirmed your order and what date you received your VIN so I can update our tracker thread?

Nice! And congrats on staying loyal to the MotorTrend cars of the year!

Can you share what the pick up was like? If/when I ever get my car it will come out of Goose Island, and I'm considering getting myself there (from the Twin Cities in MN) and driving back. Curious if anything came up that will require you to take the car back for any follow up? New PDI hopefully caught everything, but inquiring minds...
When my wife and I arrived at Goose Island we were about a half-hour early to the appointment. Chalk it up to eagerness and surprisingly light traffic that day.

We were immediately welcomed by a staffer who showed us to the well-appointed waiting area and offered us fancy bottled water. He also showed us the shelves of swag that were available for purchase.

After a bit Hannah showed up. She was the representative who would be providing the orientation to our new Air. She let us know that the techs were in the process of finishing the detailing of the vehicle and she sat with us to get acquainted. We had a nice chat for a bit and then she checked with the techs, and when she came back she said it was time for the unveiling.

The whole introduction to the new Air took at least ninety minutes. I was in the driver's seat, Hannah in the passenger's seat, and my wife observed from the back seat. You are walked through the basics, locking and unlocking the car, opening and closing the frunk and the trunk, the use of the valet keys, the user interfaces for all the subsystems. It's a little daunting, but Hannah was very patient and had the necessary expertise. Then again, the Air is still an automobile, and the basics are pretty much like driving any car. Unlike driving any other car, the Air is freakin' AWESOME!

Nevertheless, the user interface is still twitchy and rough in some spots, especially bluetooth, but I expect it will continue to get better with each software refresh. The driving experience, on the other hand, is unparalleled.

I've not had any reason to return to Goose Island yet. My feeling is that the car itself is mechanically perfect. It's the software that needs refinement, and that will happen through OTA updates.

You're in my neck of the woods. Oswego, IL here expected to get my GT either end of July or sometime in August. Congrats, and maybe I'll see you on the road.

When my wife and I arrived at Goose Island we were about a half-hour early to the appointment. Chalk it up to eagerness and surprisingly light traffic that day.

We were immediately welcomed by a staffer who showed us to the well-appointed waiting area and offered us fancy bottled water. He also showed us the shelves of swag that were available for purchase.

After a bit Hannah showed up. She was the representative who would be providing the orientation to our new Air. She let us know that the techs were in the process of finishing the detailing of the vehicle and she sat with us to get acquainted. We had a nice chat for a bit and then she checked with the techs, and when she came back she said it was time for the unveiling.

The whole introduction to the new Air took at least ninety minutes. I was in the driver's seat, Hannah in the passenger's seat, and my wife observed from the back seat. You are walked through the basics, locking and unlocking the car, opening and closing the frunk and the trunk, the use of the valet keys, the user interfaces for all the subsystems. It's a little daunting, but Hannah was very patient and had the necessary expertise. Then again, the Air is still an automobile, and the basics are pretty much like driving any car. Unlike driving any other car, the Air is freakin' AWESOME!

Nevertheless, the user interface is still twitchy and rough in some spots, especially bluetooth, but I expect it will continue to get better with each software refresh. The driving experience, on the other hand, is unparalleled.

I've not had any reason to return to Goose Island yet. My feeling is that the car itself is mechanically perfect. It's the software that needs refinement, and that will happen through OTA updates.
Thank you. Appreciate that detailed review of your pick up. Just got offered an option that will come out of Goose Island so that really helps.

Congrats @wdupre1 - may I ask when you confirmed your order and what date you received your VIN so I can update our tracker thread?
I reserved on Nov. 11, 2021. My order was confirmed Jan. 5, 2022. VIN received on April 13, 2022. Vehicle delivery was June 29, 2022.

Back