Bought Stock Today

rreddrop

Cars
Reserved Pure
Rooting for this company so hard. Not just cause I want the car. But now I’ve got some skin in the game.

Let’s go!!!!

I was late getting in last year. Bought a few lots that averaged ~$20 last Sept. and then BOOM in Nov. it spiked over $50 and I sold enough to cover the cost and kept the rest. Playing with house money now = I have free stock!

Now at ~$14 it's so juicy.... how can one resist? This feels like a major no-brainer to me.
Buy and hold. This is a solid long-term play.

I was late getting in last year. Bought a few lots that averaged ~$20 last Sept. and then BOOM in Nov. it spiked over $50 and I sold enough to cover the cost and kept the rest. Playing with house money now = I have free stock!

Now at ~$14 it's so juicy.... how can one resist? This feels like a major no-brainer to me.
Buy and hold. This is a solid long-term play.
I guess I don't see the value proposition: Burning 100's of millions a year--micro revenues to offset--huge warranty cost--admit they need to raise 100s of millions more next year---Saudis in a position to dictate the terms of the next capital round...

I'm a buyer @ $5 ...Someone talk me off the ledge...?

I guess I don't see the value proposition: Burning 100's of millions a year--micro revenues to offset--huge warranty cost--admit they need to raise 100s of millions more next year---Saudis in a position to dictate the terms of the next capital round...

Everybody has difference risk acceptance values. Also, some buy based on research and number crunching while others buy based on whims, PR influence, whispers in the ear by "someone who knows", etc., etc. Lucid is certainly a higher risk bet but then, the rewards on higher based risk investments, if done based on research and number crunching, typically results in a higher rate of return than other "tried and true" blue stock investments. Everyone needs to decide what is best for them, know that there is never a "safe" bet unless it is in US Treasuries. I believe 1 year Treasuries are around 4.0% now. Wow! But, even that has a very slight risk. For me, Lucid looks like a reasonable higher risk bet and I have added a bunch into by rather conservative portfolo. Then again, I'm retired, pretty well off and if I lose my Lucid investment, it will be an: "oh well, damn!" Do not listen to anyone posting on this forum regarding investing in Lucid. Do your own due diligence or rely on a financial advisor. The better ones make more good calls then bad ones. By the way, I also have a considerable position in Ford, which is more of a blue stock company. I have done this to help balance my overall automotive risk factor. Now, if EVs are just a temportary fad, I am really screwed....LOL.

Everybody has difference risk acceptance values. Also, some buy based on research and number crunching while others buy based on whims, PR influence, whispers in the ear by "someone who knows", etc., etc. Lucid is certainly a higher risk bet but then, the rewards on higher based risk investments, if done based on research and number crunching, typically results in a higher rate of return than other "tried and true" blue stock investments. Everyone needs to decide what is best for them, know that there is never a "safe" bet unless it is in US Treasuries. I believe 1 year Treasuries are around 4.0% now. Wow! But, even that has a very slight risk. For me, Lucid looks like a reasonable higher risk bet and I have added a bunch into by rather conservative portfolo. Then again, I'm retired, pretty well off and if I lose my Lucid investment, it will be an: "oh well, damn!" Do not listen to anyone posting on this forum regarding investing in Lucid. Do your own due diligence or rely on a financial advisor. The better ones make more good calls then bad ones. By the way, I also have a considerable position in Ford, which is more of a blue stock company. I have done this to help balance my overall automotive risk factor. Now, if EVs are just a temportary fad, I am really screwed....LOL.
Totally with you...but my observations above are a summary of my DD...I'd love to see any crunched numbers that refute my thoughts. I've been following this company for years before it was publicly traded and would love to see it win. I just think in this moment their backs are against the wall.

The market says the company is worth $27B tonight. If the Saudis--and next new investors--add new capital at that valuation then I'll gladly admit I'm quite wrong.

On the other hand, I'm an enthusiastic buyer at around 5...que sera

If you owned the car you would understand the value proposition. Judging by your posts, I don’t think you are really here to learn about the value proposition.

If you owned the car you would understand the value proposition. Judging by your posts, I don’t think you are really here to learn about the value proposition.
Quite the contrary…I love the car, assuming it “works”. I just don’t think making 3000 great cars justifies a value of 27B. No offense…but do explain the valuation to me….the market obviously thinks youre right and I’m wrong, but I’ve never understood why…pls help

btw, my interest in owning a car vs owning the stock are 2very different propositions

Quite the contrary…I love the car, assuming it “works”. I just don’t think making 3000 great cars justifies a value of 27B. No offense…but do explain the valuation to me….the market obviously thinks youre right and I’m wrong, but I’ve never understood why…pls help

btw, my interest in owning a car vs owning the stock are 2very different propositions
I don’t think any of your posts (on either persona) show that you have any real interest in owning or learning about Lucid. Nuff said.

The 2 year Treasury pays close to 4.2%

Reactions: DJL

@digiboxer / @Parachute Adams - please, please, please, pick one account and stick to it. It really does get confusing trying to keep a conversation straight with the multiple accounts.

Valuation discussions aside (because it's complicated and none of us are financial advisors or CFPs or whatever), I must reiterate to please ask you to stick to one account so we can keep the threads understandable.

Totally with you...but my observations above are a summary of my DD...I'd love to see any crunched numbers that refute my thoughts. I've been following this company for years before it was publicly traded and would love to see it win. I just think in this moment their backs are against the wall.

The market says the company is worth $27B tonight. If the Saudis--and next new investors--add new capital at that valuation then I'll gladly admit I'm quite wrong.

On the other hand, I'm an enthusiastic buyer at around 5...que sera
It is not a question of being right or wrong. At this stage of Lucid's development no one can assess that. Where it sits right now, I view it as a relatively high risk gamble. It really is just a matter of how much risk each person feels comfortable with and everyone is different. Which is absolutely fine. The proof of our different assessments will be in the long term (mine definition of long year is just 5 years since I am 72 and don't have as many years to wait as most others do). If Lucid's stock value is way up by then, I have rolled the dice and won. If their stock is still rumbling around the $15 to $19 range ( my average price of stock when I bought is around $18.50), I lose. Like everything in life, it is all a crap shoot. You just need to protect yourself with things that you are comfortable with and nobody can tell what this is but you. My number crunching will not do you any good because what I see and feel good about, you may not. Sleep well with your decision because it works for you!

I bought more LCID and lowered my cost to 18+ from 28 after tax loss harvesting to offset profits against loss. Go Lucid! I am here for the long haul. This is not stock advice BTW. My position is just 5% of Portfolio in case anyone wants to know how much risk I am taking.

Back