Blacked out screen

WildRide47

Founding Member
Cars
2018 Porsche Panamera Tur
This morning I had a errand to do. When I restarted the car my pilot screen and top right screen went dark.

I made another errand. Still dark. After the 3rd errand, I put on the left turn signal, locked the car, came back after my 3rd errand and the screens came back on. Worked fine after 4th errand.

My question is: Should I report this to customer service, will it happen again, or just accept it as a temporary glitch which the reset fixed and not worry about it.

Sounds like the known software glitch. Personally I'd ignore it unless the screen doesn't come back after a reset.

This morning I had a errand to do. When I restarted the car my pilot screen and top right screen went dark.

I made another errand. Still dark. After the 3rd errand, I put on the left turn signal, locked the car, came back after my 3rd errand and the screens came back on. Worked fine after 4th errand.

My question is: Should I report this to customer service, will it happen again, or just accept it as a temporary glitch which the reset fixed and not worry about it.
The only time I had 4 errands is when I went back for ice cream 3 times.

Please report it to Customer Care with time stamps so that they can pull the logs. Your car may throw an error that other cars did not that will help figure out the problem. It also helps prioritize their work. I know this is getting more priority but this one tops my list.

IMHO, I would always report it - maybe out of the vague hope that the more they hear about some of these problems formally, the more seriously they will take them :)

Back