Beyond excited to be joining you from Chandler, AZ!

Vette2Lucid

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
When flying solo, my daily driver for the last 30 years is actually a bicycle, and my legs have about a quarter-million miles on them. But I've been a car nut since before I was ten. In 2011, I bought my dream car, a Corvette with a manual transmission. People were in shock when I sold it on April 8 to make room for our April 10 arrival, a white Touring with metal roof and 19 inch wheels. I put my reservation in last year before having ever driven an EV. I'm all in-- I hope some day to be part of the Lucid team building these amazing cars. I've been working for Intel for almost 28 years, currently the program manager in charge of the user experience for some of the key automation systems in our factories. My wife recently retired from teaching and my kids are twins living at home and attending ASU.
I have a lot to learn about life with an EV (or, perhaps more importantly, a software-defined vehicle) and appreciate all the help you've already given me-- I've read so much in this forum already. I still have lots of questions and hope to be quite active in this forum. I look forward to meeting my fellow Lucid owners here in the Valley.

Glad to hear your story, and welcome 1 past corvette brother to another!

Happy to see a new owner, I came to Scottsdale for my test drive. And my sister lives in Chandler, so I visit her often.

Next time I'm in town, I'll give you a shout
Cgosms_2013-09-0804-15-34.jpg

Welcome. There are many of us in the Phoenix area. Please consider following the AZ local community thread and the AZ owners Telegram group.

Arizona

AZ Lucid Owners

t.me
t.me

Glad to hear your story, and welcome 1 past corvette brother to another!

Happy to see a new owner, I came to Scottsdale for my test drive. And my sister lives in Chandler, so I visit her often.

Next time I'm in town, I'll give you a shout
I'd look forward to that! Mine looked about the same the day I sold it as when it was new:

Attachments

• IMG_8887.JPG
    IMG_8887.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 74
Welcome. There are many of us in the Phoenix area. Please consider following the AZ local community thread and the AZ owners Telegram group.

Arizona

AZ Lucid Owners

t.me
t.me
Will do-- thank you :)

Beautiful. Fast.

Kinda like the lucid, you know?
Exactly! More similarities:
  • Plenty of cargo space for Costco runs.
  • Quite efficient, for what it is (my Vette never got less than 19MPG and got as high as 31MPG on the freeway, which was really impressive for the power back then. Nothing like the 145MPGe I get now!)
  • Really cool sounds (I'll miss the Vette's music high on the tach, but I really enjoy the "executive jet for the road" sound I get to hear now).

Exactly! More similarities:
  • Plenty of cargo space for Costco runs.
  • Quite efficient, for what it is (my Vette never got less than 19MPG and got as high as 31MPG on the freeway, which was really impressive for the power back then. Nothing like the 145MPGe I get now!)
  • Really cool sounds (I'll miss the Vette's music high on the tach, but I really enjoy the "executive jet for the road" sound I get to hear now).
Well, as much as I love what looks to be a good old c6, have you listened to the c8 z06's flat plane v8? Its exotically fantastic.
Your combo of a corvette and a air is perfection imo.

When flying solo, my daily driver for the last 30 years is actually a bicycle, and my legs have about a quarter-million miles on them. But I've been a car nut since before I was ten. In 2011, I bought my dream car, a Corvette with a manual transmission. People were in shock when I sold it on April 8 to make room for our April 10 arrival, a white Touring with metal roof and 19 inch wheels. I put my reservation in last year before having ever driven an EV. I'm all in-- I hope some day to be part of the Lucid team building these amazing cars. I've been working for Intel for almost 28 years, currently the program manager in charge of the user experience for some of the key automation systems in our factories. My wife recently retired from teaching and my kids are twins living at home and attending ASU.
I have a lot to learn about life with an EV (or, perhaps more importantly, a software-defined vehicle) and appreciate all the help you've already given me-- I've read so much in this forum already. I still have lots of questions and hope to be quite active in this forum. I look forward to meeting my fellow Lucid owners here in the Valley.
Welcome! I also live in Chandler and work for an Intel spinoff. Hope to see you around!

Welcome! You will not regret your decision.

Well, as much as I love what looks to be a good old c6, have you listened to the c8 z06's flat plane v8? Its exotically fantastic.
Your combo of a corvette and a air is perfection imo.
I've only heard it on videos. I've never heard the car in person, only seen it. I still remember the first time I heard a C6 Z06 uncork it, that was already epic going to 7000. Really looking forward to hearing the C8. OTOH, so many people say people who buy Corvettes don't care about the gas mileage, and that definitely isn't true of many owners I've met, who enjoy road-tripping them. But then, many of those folks already believe the C8 was a step too far by moving the engine and sacrificing a lot of cargo space in the process.

Welcome! I also live in Chandler and work for an Intel spinoff. Hope to see you around!
If you're anywhere near the Chandler campus, you're more likely to see me commuting on my bicycle. If you stop at a stoplight next to a friendly guy on an exotic-looking road bike, that's me :) I live near Pecos and McQueen.

I've only heard it on videos. I've never heard the car in person, only seen it. I still remember the first time I heard a C6 Z06 uncork it, that was already epic going to 7000. Really looking forward to hearing the C8. OTOH, so many people say people who buy Corvettes don't care about the gas mileage, and that definitely isn't true of many owners I've met, who enjoy road-tripping them. But then, many of those folks already believe the C8 was a step too far by moving the engine and sacrificing a lot of cargo space in the process.
Really? I thought the frunk in the c8 was good? Also has some rear cargo but thats only suitable if you are transporting a turkey.(heats up really fast)

Really? I thought the frunk in the c8 was good? Also has some rear cargo but thats only suitable if you are transporting a turkey.(heats up really fast)
It is good-- it'll fit a carry-on. The combined cargo space in the C8 is just under 13 cubic feet, remarkable for a mid-engine supercar. The cargo space in the C6 is 22 cubes, comparable to the Lucid's trunk. I can easily fit a bicycle and its gear back there, plus a weekend's luggage. Different cars with different missions.

It is good-- it'll fit a carry-on. The combined cargo space in the C8 is just under 13 cubic feet, remarkable for a mid-engine supercar. The cargo space in the C6 is 22 cubes, comparable to the Lucid's trunk. I can easily fit a bicycle and its gear back there, plus a weekend's luggage. Different cars with different missions.
22? WTF? Thats bigger than most(basically all other than crown vics and the air) family sedans!

Yes indeed! C5 Corvettes had an even bigger 25 cubes! So now when you see C5 and C6 Corvettes at Costco, you'll know they can haul a lot more than you-know-what. Here's a pic of my cargo hold-- and it also has a couple of hidden compartments under the floor (one of which is occupied by the 12V battery in higher-spec Vettes):
IMG_8895.JPG

Yes indeed! C5 Corvettes had an even bigger 25 cubes! So now when you see C5 and C6 Corvettes at Costco, you'll know they can haul a lot more than you-know-what. Here's a pic of my cargo hold-- and it also has a couple of hidden compartments under the floor (one of which is occupied by the 12V battery in higher-spec Vettes):View attachment 11947
It is a pretty big area, but realistically the height is going to limit stuff like small suitcases. Or atleast it looks that way from this picture. Also beautiful color!

It is a pretty big area, but realistically the height is going to limit stuff like small suitcases. Or atleast it looks that way from this picture. Also beautiful color!
Full-size suitcases or carry-ons can be laid down anywhere in the C5/C6 cargo holds. The C7 generation had much less height to work with which is why it was rated at only 15 cubes. I wish I had a picture from one of my Costco runs to give you perspective on just how big it was.
That said, I still like the trunk of the Lucid better. Every time I went around a corner in the Vette with a load of groceries, things went scattering left and right. Don't know how I was lucky enough to never break a jar of pasta sauce :)

Welcome, great to have another cyclist on the forum! Your C6 is awesome, over time you'll really appreciate the handling of your Air the more you drive it, takes a set and is so stable mid corner!

Back