Best Service for a Tesla Sale?

gavram

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I'm going to be selling my 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range as soon as my Air Touring order comes in and I wanted to see where others have received the best offers recently when selling.

I was primarily looking at services such as CarMax, TrueCar, etc. vs. private sellers, primarily to avoid a lot of back and forth, understanding that the sale price may be less than with private.

I sold my Telluride using CatMax, they were the highest offer and more than I paid for it 3 years ago! I will need to sell my 2018 Model S, I don’t think that offers will be as generous. I too don’t want to deal with a private sale And would like to see what other options people have used.

I sold my 2020 MY (in Aug 2021) using TrueCar (bought by a local car dealership) because I didn't have to deal with private buyers and wasn't 100% comfortable with sending the car and title before getting money .. otherwise, of all the services, carbuyerusa was the highest offer we received.

good luck

Following. Need to get my 2021 BMW 330i sold. It's got all the bells and whistles, being delivered just pre-pandemic shortages. Unfortunately these buying sites won't value that as much as a private buyer. Just such a hassle dealing with a private sale though.

I'm going to be selling my 2022 Tesla Model S Long Range as soon as my Air Touring order comes in and I wanted to see where others have received the best offers recently when selling.

I was primarily looking at services such as CarMax, TrueCar, etc. vs. private sellers, primarily to avoid a lot of back and forth, understanding that the sale price may be less than with private.
Shift offered me 4k more than CarMax for my 2019 Model 3

I sold a car (not a Tesla) recently on carsandbids.com. Take a look at the recent Tesla sales, they are doing pretty well with them and there are no seller’s fees.

I asked my local Tesla dealer what they recommended, and they emphatically told me FB marketplace. Needless to say, I was dubious. I checked Carmax, and got a reasonable quote, but could tell I was leaving money on the table, so tried the FB marketplace thing. It was a bit annoying at first, as the vast majority of messages came from dealers, and I was adamant about saying no, and thought my best deal was with a private party., I went a couple of weeks with that experience, but eventually I started playing with the offers, just saying I had no need to entertain them, but if they wanted to match my full price (which was 4k over what I paid, and what Carmax was offering), they could step up. Surprisingly, I ended up finding a bid within $500 from a Texas wholesaler who sends reps out to different states to purchase cars and flip them to other dealers for a minor profit. It was very easy deal; a meeting and quick inspection to prove my ad was not making up anything and then wiring of $ to my bank while we made small talk. I made my 4k, and he may have made another $500-1000, so we were both happy. DM me for more, but I think there is a vast willing market from wholesalers like the one I had.

Just tried Shift, but when I got to the offer page, received a message that they're no in the area (AZ) yet. Strange you don't get that error when you put in your zip code at the beginning of the process.

Back