• ⚠ MARKETPLACE RULES ⚠

1. Photos Required. Post your own taken photo(s) of the item you are selling. No generic/stock photo(s) allowed.
    2. Be detailed. Please be detailed with your listing including pricing, location, specifications, and reason for selling (optional).
    3. No promotion or spam. Self-promotion, promotion of your business, or posting spam isn't allowed.
    4. No sabotaging listings. If you don't agree on an asking price for a vehicle or item, scroll by. The marketplace is not a place for negative discussions or criticisms.
    5. Lucid related items only. This marketplace is for Lucid vehicles or related items only.
    6. Listing Status. To keep things organized, please update your listing if the item is sold or no longer available.
    7. Transactions are between the parties involved. You are dealing with an online stranger. Please use the same common sense as you would when doing an online payment. We strongly recommend doing all proper due diligence with anyone here on the forums to avoid being scammed or losing any money!

Best place to auction my Lucid

sg10706

Cars
Lucid Air, Rivian RT1...
It has 250 miles, perfect condition, Lucid Air. I have no expectation of making a profit, but would like it to end up in a good home at a fair price (I am not a luxury car guy, apparently... I get in my Rivian every time I have to choose one or the other).

Does anyone have thoughts about BAT vs eBay motors vs carsandbids?

I get that there are new alternatives to eBay, but it's not clear that they're easier or more successful for anyone involved.

Thanks.

Attachments

• PXL_20220925_161408538.jpeg
    PXL_20220925_161408538.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 183
  • mulroney sticker lucid.jpg
    mulroney sticker lucid.jpg
    906 KB · Views: 175
I sold a car on Cars and Bids. It was very easy and there’s no seller fees. That said, you’re probably going to lose some money in the deal….

thanks Bobby. Life is full of sunk costs. What I paid yesterday isn't related to what something is worth tomorrow...

You’d be better off doing a private sale or selling to a dealership. Too many used examples out there going for $130k, I don’t expect the auction environment will net you the best result. But I wish you good luck either way!

Also sold two cars on carsandbids. Both did far better than I expected, but the real bonus was the lack of hassle vs craigslist, fb marketplace etc etc.

There's also an "other EVs for sale" section over on TMC if you want to brave the fanbois ...

Whichever you choose, good luck!

Also sold two cars on carsandbids. Both did far better than I expected, but the real bonus was the lack of hassle vs craigslist, fb marketplace etc etc.

There's also an "other EVs for sale" section over on TMC if you want to brave the fanbois ...

Whichever you choose, good luck!
I know some of the folks behind Cars and Bids. (Not Doug, but the behind-the-scenes folks.) Nice group of people. They’ve built a successful service. Good to hear folks are having good experiences with it.

I sold a car on Cars and Bids. It was very easy and there’s no seller fees. That said, you’re probably going to lose some money in the deal….
I'll check it out, thanks. Not for a Lucid, but with my Touring (hopefully) nearing production, need to sell my 2021 BMW 330i. It's one of the increasingly rare fully-loaded trims, just prior to the chip shortages, so hoping that gets reflected in the ultimate selling price.

I'll check it out, thanks. Not for a Lucid, but with my Touring (hopefully) nearing production, need to sell my 2021 BMW 330i. It's one of the increasingly rare fully-loaded trims, just prior to the chip shortages, so hoping that gets reflected in the ultimate selling price.
You can review the completed auctions to get an idea of the recent prices. There are lots of BMWs on that site.

An update: I sold it via findmyev, a site that buys electric cars and resells them. It definitely cost me a few $$ but the hassle was very low. Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Back