Battery Health

new owner

Active Member

Joined
Nov 30, 2022
Messages
222
Reaction score
180
Cars
Air GT
As an owner of a 2022 Air GT I was wondering about my battery health after a friend of mine had his Tesla Model 3 battery die after 8 yrs ( only supercharges his car/ > 100K miles)
I only occasional charge to 100% and since had free EA for 3 yrs my battery has had about 50 % Level 1 charging and 50 % at home with the Lucid charger ( level2)
When the car was new it showed 516 miles at 100% now shows 511 miles at 100% which seems to me like the battery has only lost about 1.2% of capacity?
This seems quite good for a 3/12 yr old Air with 30 K in total miles

I think this car drives fantastic and is a pleasure for 200 mile ( each way) weekend trips . ( the hands free/Highway assist is nice despite the comments on another thread)

Any thoughts on the battery health?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0158.webp
    IMG_0158.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 133
My thought is: that's pretty great.
 
As an owner of a 2022 Air GT I was wondering about my battery health after a friend of mine had his Tesla Model 3 battery die after 8 yrs ( only supercharges his car/ > 100K miles)
I only occasional charge to 100% and since had free EA for 3 yrs my battery has had about 50 % Level 1 charging and 50 % at home with the Lucid charger ( level2)
When the car was new it showed 516 miles at 100% now shows 511 miles at 100% which seems to me like the battery has only lost about 1.2% of capacity?
This seems quite good for a 3/12 yr old Air with 30 K in total miles

I think this car drives fantastic and is a pleasure for 200 mile ( each way) weekend trips . ( the hands free/Highway assist is nice despite the comments on another thread)

Any thoughts on the battery health?
That seems really great to me. Hardly degrading at all. That is very impressive. Wonder if other owners of the Air GT are similar?
 
Your battery health is exposed via the vehicle's API - you can actually monitor it if you integrate your car with something like Home Assistant. I'm at 97% after a little over a year and 12k miles.
 
Back
Top