Barron’s: Lucid sells for more used than new

AZLucidGuy

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT, Tesla 3
“There were 89 used Lucid vehicles listed on Cars.com as of Friday, 19 of which were Lucid Air Dream Editions. The average list price of those Lucid Air Dream Editions was about $172,000. A new Air Dream Edition starts at about $170,000.”

“There were 89 used Lucid vehicles listed on Cars.com as of Friday, 19 of which were Lucid Air Dream Editions. The average list price of those Lucid Air Dream Editions was about $172,000. A new Air Dream Edition starts at about $170,000.”

Wow, color me surprised that Barron's, yet again, cannot do simple journalism.

Yeah, I was about to post this here.

Total opposite of what I've been seeing.

Although I did see some good deals, I know many owners who are selling are trying to make profit off of the sale

Maybe the DE is selling for higher but still doubtful. The GT is selling for a lot less than old Price if it is selling. It is just where Lucid is based on how they have performed as a Company. It’s a long and arduous road ahead. Will be interesting to see how many reservations they have next QTR. It was 34K down from 37K last QTR.

Deliveries will be a key that drives reservations. Given the increasing choice in EV’s people may not be ready to wait over a Year for delivery.

Maybe the DE is selling for higher but still doubtful. The GT is selling for a lot less than old Price if it is selling. It is just where Lucid is based on how they have performed as a Company. It’s a long and arduous road ahead. Will be interesting to see how many reservations they have next QTR. It was 34K down from 37K last QTR.

Deliveries will be a key that drives reservations. Given the increasing choice in EV’s people may not be ready to wait over a Year for delivery.
Facts are facts. If what Barron's reports is the price the used DE are selling for, I would believe it. It is encouraging that any used car is selling at 90% of its new retail price. That's a positive not a negative. Try selling a one year old gasoline Mercedes-Benz AMG V8 which had a new retail of over $150K+ for 90% of the new retail price -- not going to happen.

Duh. Comparing asking price to list price is ridiculous and that is made even more ridiculous since Lucid has not been Selling a new DE for some time now.
I do think that if used DE's are selling above original retail price is encouraging. It's a limited edition, launch vehicle from a new car company that won MT Car of the Year. I am delighted that they are sold out and selling above original price used.

Wow, color me surprised that Barron's, yet again, cannot do simple journalism.
What is the issue with their reporting on this article? The facts seem to be reasonably accurate. The headline is favorable for Lucid.

Facts are facts. If what Barron's reports is the price the used DE are selling for, I would believe it. It is encouraging that any used car is selling at 90% of its new retail price. That's a positive not a negative. Try selling a one year old gasoline Mercedes-Benz AMG V8 which had a new retail of over $150K+ for 90% of the new retail price -- not going to happen.
“Selling for” not sold for. Fact is, lucid is not retaining their used car value that well. Go to a used car site, 125k for barely used lucid GT. Well below old price - 7500 tax credit. And they are still listed as not sold. Comes next year these will be low 120s.

I do think that if used DE's are selling above original retail price is encouraging. It's a limited edition, launch vehicle from a new car company that won MT Car of the Year. I am delighted that they are sold out and selling above original price used.
They are saying that the ASKING PRICE is above initial retail. But are they being SOLD at those prices? I can ask $50k for my mazda but that doesn't mean it'll sell for anywhere near that

They are saying that the ASKING PRICE is above initial retail. But are they being SOLD at those prices? I can ask $50k for my mazda but that doesn't mean it'll sell for anywhere near that
I don’t know what they actually sold for. Is that publicly available information?

“Selling for” not sold for. Fact is, lucid is not retaining their used car value that well. Go to a used car site, 125k for barely used lucid GT. Well below old price - 7500 tax credit. And they are still listed as not sold. Comes next year these will be low 120s.
How would we find out what the actual final used car transaction price is?

Back