Autel chargers

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
Anyone here have experience with an Autel charger? It seems to offer much for the money.

Haven't tried it but at first glance it does look very good. Tom Moloughny has tested and reviewed dozens of EVSEs and did a 43-minute review here:

I just bought one off Amazon and had it installed a few days ago and like them a lot... they connect to your phone wirelessly and can control who can charge... that way if you have them in a more public area you can make sure you are the only one able to charge and supposedly you can also charge different people to use it.

As far as charging the lucid I'm charging at around 40 miles per hour or roughly 9kw

I just installed the 40A MaxiCharger, hard-wired. I cut a hole for the Romex cable, drilled two holes. Instead of finding a stud (none available), I used wing anchors to install the backplate. Loosened the 3 lugs for the short charge cable, then wriggled the cable free. It takes a little effort but it will come off. Then use the provided plug to seal the hole in the unit. Bending #6 in that tight space is a challenge but take your time. Almost immediately after installation and powering up and connecting to Internet, the unit's power icon turns yellow and updates its firmware. Had to cut a hole in the ceiling above the unit, then another hole in the ceiling near the power panel, then another hole level with the panel, then another hole level through the power panel. While I was at it, I installed a NEMA 14-50 receptacle near the power panel, so now I have 240V in all 3 bays of my garage. Patch and a paint job and it will look like new.

Attachments

• 20221229_091619.jpg
    20221229_091619.jpg
    860 KB · Views: 122
  • 20230104_171652.jpg
    20230104_171652.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
I just installed the 40A MaxiCharger, hard-wired. I cut a hole for the Romex cable, drilled two holes. Instead of finding a stud (none available), I used wing anchors to install the backplate. Loosened the 3 lugs for the short charge cable, then wriggled the cable free. It takes a little effort but it will come off. Then use the provided plug to seal the hole in the unit. Bending #6 in that tight space is a challenge but take your time. Almost immediately after installation and powering up and connecting to Internet, the unit's power icon turns yellow and updates its firmware. Had to cut a hole in the ceiling above the unit, then another hole in the ceiling near the power panel, then another hole level with the panel, then another hole level through the power panel. While I was at it, I installed a NEMA 14-50 receptacle near the power panel, so now I have 240V in all 3 bays of my garage. Patch and a paint job and it will look like new.
Is your Autel charger still working as expected? Are you happy with it ?

I honestly would like to hear back from someone on how it compares to the ChargePoint Home Flex

Is your Autel charger still working as expected? Are you happy with it ?
As far as I know, the charger is still working properly but I haven't driven it much. Lights on the unit are still green so no reason to suspect that it's not working. One thing about the Autel charger is that it updates the firmware so you can specify your exact vehicle and battery capacity. I suspect that allows the unit to maximize the efficiency for your vehicle but haven't had time to verify that with Autel. I'm going to an EA station to connect and see if there are any issues with the EA account. Next, I'll connect Lucid charger to my newly installed NEMA 14-50 receptacle to verify that the Lucid charger works. Baby steps.

I honestly would like to hear back from someone on how it compares to the ChargePoint Home Flex
Autel is 2 year's newer technology so I assume it's as good as ChargePoint or better. Good reviews, that's why I bought it and a lot cheaper than ChargePoint. One positive I read about ChargePoint is that the charge cable is much more flexible in cold weather than Autel but in Las Vegas that isn't an issue for me. I also got a 5-year warranty with the unit.

Just got mine installed as I wait for vehicle delivery my neighbor has 3 charges in his garage Ford, tesla and autel and he gave good review about autel
Installed on a 70amp breaker hardwired for max 50amp output

Attachments

• 20230317_143046.jpg
    20230317_143046.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • 20230317_143051.jpg
    20230317_143051.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 103
  • 20230317_143101.jpg
    20230317_143101.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
  • 20230317_174424.jpg
    20230317_174424.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • 20230317_174436.jpg
    20230317_174436.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
My Autel charger has been trouble-free, although I'm mostly taking advantage of the free 3-yr EA charging.

My Autel charger has been trouble-free, although I'm mostly taking advantage of the free 3-yr EA charging.
Just did a firmware update today using the Bluetooth option with no issues. First update when I installed it with over the Internet, again no issues. Added the following information for the charger: Vehicle - Lucid Air Touring 2023; Nom. Capacity - 92kWh; DC - CCS 1-200kW; AC - Type 1 - 19.2kW. I don't know if this information is necessary since at 40A, my home charger maxxes out at 9.6kW. Or why the DC info is required.

Just saw the Autel 40A charger at Costco Summerlin for $399.

There's a prime day deal for it now for cheaper. So debating if I should get it. The lucid service center said it's better not to get third party chargers. But was curious to know if there has been more feedback from users here.

There's a prime day deal for it now for cheaper. So debating if I should get it. The lucid service center said it's better not to get third party chargers. But was curious to know if there has been more feedback from users here.
For autel charger

I have been using it and it works perfectly recommended it for a friend who got eqs and he's been thankful

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230531_102649_Autel Charge.jpg
    Screenshot_20230531_102649_Autel Charge.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_20230704_010353_Autel Charge.jpg
    Screenshot_20230704_010353_Autel Charge.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 55
My Autel charger is working fine as well although I’m still taking advantage of the 3 years of free charging.

Your electrician must have eaten his Wheaties. Man, I can't imagine bending those stiff wires. #6 was tough enough.

Back