Austin to Florida

AustinAir

Cars
Kia ev6
I’m excited to share my trip, as brief yet detailed as possible.

Austin to Destin, Fl.
AGT, 21” wheels.
Packing: wow this thing can hold a lot. 3 carry on bags in the frunk!

Day 1: Left Austin to go to New Orleans.
Averaged 3.1m/kWH which was higher than my daily drive average of 2.9. Did about 85mph cruise control but had multiple spots of traffic.
Stopped once to charge in Beaumont and it was a great session. See pics.
1F83FAFE-03EC-4E72-9D50-4D54640EA28E.jpeg

I only charged to 77% and arrived in New Orleans with 6%. Had to “hypermile” the last couple hours of the trip at 70-75mph which increased efficiency to 3.3.

Day2: This is where things get rough. Hit a small pot hole and now my tire has a welt. Ordered a new tire off of tire rack and it won’t get here til Tuesday. Install scheduled for Wednesday morning. Was supposed to be at the beach tomorrow so now that’s not happening, didn’t want to risk 4 hrs on the road with a damaged tire.
084BB9A2-3367-483C-8391-2E5DD93CBB40.jpeg

More updates to come.

Attachments

• 76E82635-F14A-41D8-82FF-14212AAF05BB.jpeg
    76E82635-F14A-41D8-82FF-14212AAF05BB.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 78
I’m excited to share my trip, as brief yet detailed as possible.

Austin to Destin, Fl.
AGT, 21” wheels.
Packing: wow this thing can hold a lot. 3 carry on bags in the frunk!

Day 1: Left Austin to go to New Orleans.
Averaged 3.1m/kWH which was higher than my daily drive average of 2.9. Did about 85mph cruise control but had multiple spots of traffic.
Stopped once to charge in Beaumont and it was a great session. See pics.
View attachment 12454
I only charged to 77% and arrived in New Orleans with 6%. Had to “hypermile” the last couple hours of the trip at 70-75mph which increased efficiency to 3.3.

Day2: This is where things get rough. Hit a small pot hole and now my tire has a welt. Ordered a new tire off of tire rack and it won’t get here til Tuesday. Install scheduled for Wednesday morning. Was supposed to be at the beach tomorrow so now that’s not happening, didn’t want to risk 4 hrs on the road with a damaged tire.
View attachment 12455

More updates to come.
So my brand new replacements has tiny bulges like this, and was told my Discount Tire that a small bulge to 0 bulge is normal. Your picture looks acceptable.

And when it gets large enough to poke out far more, then you should get it replaced.

But it's weird alright, don't like these tires.

The drama continues. Day 2 in New Orleans and a TINY pothole triggered a second bulge on my OTHER front tire. @Volund i was told a bulge of any size is not good. Apparently it’s air that momentarily escaped the inner tube and now sits in the rubber. Problem is as the car drives and the tire heats up, the air wants to expand and that’s what causes the blowout… I have a small child and on a road trip, so what to do.

The drama continues. Day 2 in New Orleans and a TINY pothole triggered a second bulge on my OTHER front tire. @Volund i was told a bulge of any size is not good. Apparently it’s air that momentarily escaped the inner tube and now sits in the rubber. Problem is as the car drives and the tire heats up, the air wants to expand and that’s what causes the blowout… I have a small child and on a road trip, so what to do.
I guess once you buy the Discount Tire warranty, you can phone ahead (on a road trip) to a Discount Tire and have them prepare the tire so you can plan it so when you arrive there they can change it as soon as possible. That would be my only suggestion during a road trip.

Back