AT not showing 425 at full charge

CA_2022

Cars
Lucid Air
My AT shows only 385 miles when I charge it to 100%. Irrespective of how I drive, isn’t the car supposed to show 425 miles with 19inch wheels when you charge to 100% and have not started driving ? Anyone else has this issue ? Took it to service center, they were unable to troubleshoot after a full day look, will get back to me. Curious if someone else has seen this ?

If the GOM (guess o meter) works as it does in many EVs, the fully charged value is based on your recent driving efficiency. So to show the full 425 miles, your recent driving efficiency would have to be over 4 mi/kWh.

That’s correct. My old Model X was supposed to have ~310 miles of range and I could never charge it above 281 miles of range. It’s all based on how you drive and your typical driving conditions.

Unless somehting has changed, Lucid's range display is based on the EPA, not recent driving so it seems something is wrong with @CA_2022 indication.
Yes. Lucid displays EPA miles. Sometimes it will be +/- a couple of miles, but always pretty close.

It’s been said here before, but the range estimator is an in-accurate estimator. No one should be using that as a reference for how many miles you’ll get on a charge. It should always be the mi/kWh and usable kWs in your battery.

Also, 385 is faaar more accurate than the > 400 estimate.

Lucid service agreed something is wrong as irrespective of how I will drive, the car should show 425 when full charged. But there were unable to figure out, and looking further. I wanted to check if someone else has gone thorough this issue.

For what it is worth, my Touring with 20” wheels shows 384 miles at 100% charge.

For what it is worth, my Touring with 20” wheels shows 384 miles at 100% charge.
Many of us who have had the car for a while have switched over to showing the percentage remaining as opposed to the miles because the car is so inaccurate at calculating miles. Then we multiply our remaining percent by our average miles per kWh to get range.

Thanks !! For 20 inch tires they claim the EPA estimates of 384 miles. So that makes sense. But I see everyone else who has 19 inch tires are seeing 425 miles on full charge based on EPA estimate.

Many of us who have had the car for a while have switched over to showing the percentage remaining as opposed to the miles because the car is so inaccurate at calculating miles. Then we multiply our remaining percent by our average miles per kWh to get range.
Agreed estimates are poor, better to use percentage . But at least when you full charge it’s shows your EPA estimated range.

Some background, the car was shipped with 20 inch tires, then they switched to 19 inch before delivery but somehow they can’t update the configuration to show the 425 miles. My concern is if this is just SW config thing or the battery is itself defective and can’t get 92Kwh. Hopefully Lucid will be able to come up with more details next week.

Back