April VINs now 10-14 weeks per DA update

Sandvinsd

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Grand Touring
Just received an update from my DA. He admits that they missed the 2-6 week delivery mark post VIN assignment on 4/26. Stated that it would be at least 10 weeks to 14 now. Car is still at the factory. Gave me the option to either wait or get a full refund.

Just received an update from my DA. He admits that they missed the 2-6 week delivery mark post VIN assignment on 4/26. Stated that it would be at least 10 weeks to 14 now. Car is still at the factory. Gave me the option to either wait or get a full refund.

Did he at least offer any explanation, why the lengthy delay? What the problems were? Surely they can see that you’re entitled to know.

Wow. That’s a big change. Any explanation why. Hard to believe it was just due to recall since most owners stated it was a very quick fix. I’m at 6 weeks post VIN but told my car is awaiting PDI in Chicago. I wonder if there was s specific part shortage affecting completion of the cars. Seems like the factory lot has had a lot of cars sitting unwrapped

Did he at least offer any explanation, why the lengthy delay? What the problems were? Surely they can see that you’re entitled to know.
No explanation. 2-6 weeks is now 10-14.since I’m already almost 7 weeks in, that is another 3-7 weeks. Of course, I really don’t believe anything at this point.

It sucks that you were impacted by the recall and I hope they can make it right. It shouldn’t be a mystery to anyone, including your DA as to why the delivery window increased, since there was a complete halting of almost all deliveries until a week ago. I don’t understand why the DAs can’t just say that dive everyone knows it.

It’s not the recall. That appears to be a non-issue, both for people who only needed the inspection and for people that needed a couple zip ties. I think they are having parts/supply chain issues. Not sure why they just don’t come out and say it though as everyone is pretty well conditioned to that sort of issue now. My car is probably sitting right next to yours at Casa Grande, 6+ weeks post-VIN. I am getting ready to go to Europe for 2.5 weeks, so I should be at almost 10 weeks post VIN when I get back.

The lack of communication is really pathetic though. I wish I was not so prophetic a while back. I believe I called it months ago, ”the grey delay would be followed by a parts/supply chain issue”. That is what is so maddening, these extended delays are happening to the same group of people(plus some others with this one), oh well, sh*t happens.

We are both in the same boat, along with a host of others, by the looks of the number of uncovered cars in the parking lot at Casa Grande. The people who ordered grey are just neglected a bit more and a lot longer. The biggest issue is that I really think they just don’t know when we moght get our vehicles. Lucid appears to be operating on “hopes” now, not a great way to manage a business.

Last edited:
We can only speculate as to what is contributing to their delays. Perhaps some components may need more rigorous testing before getting a final stamp of approval. Maybe some processes need attention to meet quality standards. I'd much rather prefer a well-tested and built machine over one that is slapped together and sent out the door - bound for failure. Patience will hopefully pay off for all that are waiting for their exciting new ride. A Vin is not a car. A date is not a car. When you get your car, you will then have a car.

We can only speculate as to what is contributing to their delays. Perhaps some components may need more rigorous testing before getting a final stamp of approval. Maybe some processes need attention to meet quality standards. I'd much rather prefer a well-tested and built machine over one that is slapped together and sent out the door - bound for failure. Patience will hopefully pay off for all that are waiting for their exciting new ride. A Vin is not a car. A date is not a car. When you get your car, you will then have a car.
All very true, but lack of communication or any semblance of clarity with respect to when one might expect delivery is still, and should be, expected. My comments come from a place where I (and many others in a like position) confirmed our cars back in November and were told we would have our cars in 2-4 months. That obviously did not happen for whatever reason. Lucid made it worse by not communicating when the timeframe they created was missed and then was very vague about the cause. This same group got their VIN’s and were told ”2-6 weeks, but we have been running closer to 3”. When it became apparent that this Lucid-derived timeframe was not going to be met, we received little more than silence. The latest we have heard is that the 2-6 weeks is now 10-14, but that has not been a universal message and, at this point, lacks credibility based on past interactions. It is exacerbated by seeing some who ordered and confirmed much later get their cars delivered.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, they need to take their time to do it right, but Lucid cannot afford for that time to take as long as it has. They will not survive like this in the long run and none of us want that. I am not as upset about the timeframes (however unreliable they may be) as I am about the lack of communication. I am going out of the country this Thursday and Lucid still has not come out and said that they will miss their timeframe and to expect delivery now xx-xx. In fact, the last communication I received was from someone a couple layers of management above the DA’s telling me he was going to get me the exact status of my car and let me know what was going on, silence ever since, must not be good news. Emails to him now say he is out of the office until, get this, the day before I leave for Europe.

The supply-chain assumption makes a lot of sense though given the current climate and what happened earlier this year with respect to the DE’s. Filling up the middle lot with uncovered cars certainly looks similar and screams, “ these cars are not complete”. I also got an offhand comment from the same Lucid person I was speaking with that referred to supply chain . Sounds like they have many issues hitting them all at once with respect to this group of cars.

Last edited:
All very true, but lack of communication or any semblance of clarity with respect to when one might expect delivery is still, and should be, expected. My comments come from a place where I (and many others in a like position) confirmed our cars back in November and were told we would have our cars in 2-4 months. That obviously did not happen for whatever reason. Lucid made it worst by not communicating when the timeframe they created was missed and then was very vague about the cause. This same group got their VIN’s and were told ”2-6 weeks, but we have been running closer to 3”. When it became apparent that this Lucid-derived timeframe was not going to be met, we received little more than silence. The latest we have heard is that the 2-6 weeks is now 10-14, but that has not been a universal message and, at this point, lacks credibility based on past interactions. It is exacerbated by seeing some who ordered and confirmed much later get their cars delivered.

I agree with you wholeheartedly, they need to take their time to do it right, but Lucid cannot afford for that time to take as long as it has. They will not survive like this in the long run and none of us want that. I am not as upset about the timeframes (however unreliable they may be) as I am about the lack of communication. I am going out of the country this Thursday and Lucid still has not come out and said that they will miss their timeframe and to expect delivery now xx-xx. In fact, the last communication I received was from someone a couple layers of management above the DA’s telling me he was going to get me the exact status of my car and let me know what was going on, silence ever since, must not be good news. Emails to him now say he is out of the office until, get this, the day before I leave for Europe.

The supply-chain assumption makes a lot of sense though given the current climate and what happened earlier this year with respect to the DE’s. Filling up the middle lot with uncovered cars certainly looks similar and screams, “ these cars are not complete”. I also got an offhand comment from the same Lucid person I was speaking with that referred to supply chain . Sounds like they have many issues hitting them all at once with respect to this group of cars.
Yeah this is crossing the line of taking their time to concerning. Taking their time at this stage requires a plan that can be communicated. It seems they’re taking their time and dont have a plan they can or are communicating.

Last edited:
I just looked ar the calendar and on Monday I will be at NINE weeks since my VIN date and at least three weeks at Goose Island.
Wow……

All very true, but lack of communication or any semblance of clarity with respect to when one might expect delivery is still, and should be, expected. My comments come from a place where I (and many others in a like position) confirmed our cars back in November and were told we would have our cars in 2-4 months. That obviously did not happen for whatever reason. Lucid made it worse by not communicating when the timeframe they created was missed and then was very vague about the cause. This same group got their VIN’s and were told ”2-6 weeks, but we have been running closer to 3”. When it became apparent that this Lucid-derived timeframe was not going to be met, we received little more than silence. The latest we have heard is that the 2-6 weeks is now 10-14, but that has not been a universal message and, at this point, lacks credibility based on past interactions. It is exacerbated by seeing some who ordered and confirmed much later get their cars delivered.

I do understand everyone's frustrations on this and agree that they should have a well communicated message strategy that makes it easier on their team to provide us with a response. Unfortunately, a heavily qualified response is about as worthless as no response, but some would receive it well while others would be upset either way.

Maybe I've become too comfortable with constant disappointment and pathological liars. Yes, the SA did say this week that if I confirmed my GT order, I would have the car in 2-5 months. Did I believe them? No. Does this experience fit with their pre-delivery customer experience goals? No. Does the weak communication factor into my decision to buy the car? Actually, no.

I do understand everyone's frustrations on this and agree that they should have a well communicated message strategy that makes it easier on their team to provide us with a response. Unfortunately, a heavily qualified response is about as worthless as no response, but some would receive it well while others would be upset either way.

Maybe I've become too comfortable with constant disappointment and pathological liars. Yes, the SA did say this week that if I confirmed my GT order, I would have the car in 2-5 months. Did I believe them? No. Does this experience fit with their pre-delivery customer experience goals? No. Does the weak communication factor into my decision to buy the car? Actually, no.
The lack of definitive and reliable DA or other Lucid staff communication and transparency is disconcerting. I have wanted to believe that the delays were prudent, but now wonder if the management has control over the situation, whether it is a "supply chain" problem or it is the manufacturing process. That the company admitted that it had to correct a screen connection fault with wrap ties is a discouraging portent. I do not expect delivery before Sept. at the earliest for my March 29, 2022 confirmation so will be patient and continue to believe that communication, manufacturing, and software quality will improve.

Back