CarPlay is here! - Megathread

I was speaking with Headquarters Sales Advisor to firm up the order for the Grand Touring and my concern about missing Apple CarPlay.

He said no problem, we have CarPlay and Android Auto so no issues...
Can anyone confirm that this is existing functionality or just vaporware? If it exists, I would love to see how that looks on screen.
CarPlay does not exist right now as I have inquired as well and have a car. They say its coming………??

CarPlay does not exist right now as I have inquired as well and have a car. They say its coming………??
Like a lot of things…. “Soon”

23731A16-A49B-4777-B1F5-1E791DCC1560.jpeg

Lucid hiring SWE with Android Auto in desc. Could be a good sign towards what we are all asking for.

Are you taking over/under bets with Aug 15 as the over/under date? Aug 31? That’s 2022 not 2023.😁
With my experience working in the software industry, always over lol

🤞🏻 Let’s hope. During a test drive today, my SA told me “goal is year end”.

It seems Lucid is the only one having difficulties implementing CarPlay:
Yes, but BMW's problem is that they had to switch chip suppliers and have to reprogram the cars - but they're assuring everyone that they will have the cars reprogrammed for CarPlay at the latest by end of June. They at least have an implementation already now (and a pretty good one too) - just a bit of compatibility programming. The article did mention WiFi not working, so it could be due to wireless CarPlay, which uses WiFi - probably new WiFi chip supplier.

Lucid already has the hardware in place for shipped cars at least, so one would think their implementation is not chip supply constrained.

Yes, but BMW's problem is that they had to switch chip suppliers and have to reprogram the cars - but they're assuring everyone that they will have the cars reprogrammed for CarPlay at the latest by end of June. They at least have an implementation already now (and a pretty good one too) - just a bit of compatibility programming. The article did mention WiFi not working, so it could be due to wireless CarPlay, which uses WiFi - probably new WiFi chip supplier.

Lucid already has the hardware in place for shipped cars at least, so one would think their implementation is not chip supply constrained.
We don't really know what is causing the holdup but I for one hope they get it fixed soon!!

Back