Anyway to Restrict Sprint Driving Mode Based on Driver Profile?

goshen

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid
I was wondering for those of us with teenage drivers at home, is there any setting to restr Sprint mode based on profile of driver? I think that would be a reasonable safety feature that will keep teenager adrenaline at ba. Thoughts?

I was wondering for those of us with teenage drivers at home, is there any setting to restr Sprint mode based on profile of driver? I think that would be a reasonable safety feature that will keep teenager adrenaline at ba. Thoughts?
Supposedly the guest profile doesn't allow it?

Supposedly the guest profile doesn't allow it?
Not that I know since I don’t have the vehicle yet but something I would be interested to know since I have a teenage driver.

I'll test it tomorrow when I run my errands

Just get them a beater Civic. There is no reason a teenager should be behind the wheel of a $100k+ high performance vehicle. They lack the critical judgment and driving skills To handle the vehicle.

Just get them a beater Civic. There is no reason a teenager should be behind the wheel of a $100k+ high performance vehicle. They lack the critical judgment and driving skills To handle the vehicle.
So true. However, you can’t always predict when there will be once in a while instances for them to be in the driver seat….lol

So true. However, you can’t always predict when there will be once in a while instances for them to be in the driver seat….lol
Probably should be a Teen / Chill mode that is locked or associated with a key.

aaahh ... I just went over 500 miles and have only been in smooth the whole time. I dare not floor it even in smooth...my point being...this is a super car no matter what mode you are in. I can see the temptation to launch though....definitely would like to have a way to lock out sprint and maybe even have a "valet mode" to reduce available torque.

Teen selects sprint... dad's voice comes on .... "Son, what did you promise? You know I can see you right now..." How hard would it be to make the cameras live stream to dad's phone?

aaahh ... I just went over 500 miles and have only been in smooth the whole time. I dare not floor it even in smooth...my point being...this is a super car no matter what mode you are in. I can see the temptation to launch though....definitely would like to have a way to lock out sprint and maybe even have a "valet mode" to reduce available torque.
I don’t have my car right now 😭 because it’s finally getting the body work done from my little fender bender, but I’m pretty sure if you go into Guest mode it disables Sprint. They could easily extend that into a “kids” mode

Back