Anyone running wider tires?

Deisic

Verified Owner
Cars
Air GT, Rivian R1S
I'm thinking about getting some aftermarket 20's and I'd like to get some wider stance tires to go along with it. Anyone know if you can run 285's on the back?

I'd like to know this as well. Current tires are good for range but less good for autocross haha. The Sapphire has 265/295 but the wheel arches are a bit extended to help with overall width. Unsure if 265/295 would fit on a trim other than Sapphire.

I'd like to know this as well. Current tires are good for range but less good for autocross haha. The Sapphire has 265/295 but the wheel arches are a bit extended to help with overall width. Unsure if 265/295 would fit on a trim other than Sapphire.
Ditto ... I'm patiently watching for a reply to this thread post ....

The front tires do fit (a 265 squared configuration should therefore work), but the rear tires will not without the fender flares.

The front tires do fit (a 265 squared configuration should therefore work), but the rear tires will not without the fender flares.
I assume the flares are bolt ons (or stick ons?). If so, I'd be willing to get them just to fit the 295s. My hope is the wheel/tire camber in when the suspension is loaded so there is no rubbing on the standard fenders or inner liner.

I assume the flares are bolt ons (or stick ons?). If so, I'd be willing to get them just to fit the 295s. My hope is the wheel/tire camber in when the suspension is loaded so there is no rubbing on the standard fenders or inner liner.
Actually, the stamping process for the body is different, and then the fenders are tacked on at the end by workers. I do suppose you could just DIY glue them to the body, but do keep in mind you'd have to also match the paint! This is what the Sapphire looks like without flares:
1713440240112.png

Actually, the stamping process for the body is different, and then the fenders are tacked on at the end by workers. I do suppose you could just DIY glue them to the body, but do keep in mind you'd have to also match the paint! This is what the Sapphire looks like without flares:
View attachment 19994
This actually shows the stamping process is the same. They are adding the cutouts for clipping in the fenders later. This is the same setup the Integra Type S has. They also chose for cost reasons not to stamp different fenders. Use the same fenders and add clip on flares. (I cant imagine cost was the reason on the Sapphire lol, but they must've had a reason)

This actually shows the stamping process is the same. They are adding the cutouts for clipping in the fenders later. This is the same setup the Integra Type S has. They also chose for cost reasons not to stamp different fenders. Use the same fenders and add clip on flares. (I cant imagine cost was the reason on the Sapphire lol, but they must've had a reason)
Oops, yet again I worded it confusingly. I meant stamping as in they added the cutouts, which I know is an incorrect usage of it. The regular airs do not have these cut-outs, however.

As for the cost savings, am I the only one who likes the "tacked on fender" look?

View attachment 19994
This is great information! Any chance you can provide bigger picture(s)?

It does look like the Sapphire fenders / door are the same as the other Air models but with an additional processing step to punch out the attachment holes for the flares. This seems to imply that the 295 set-up will fit standard Air, but will appear to poke out if add-on flares are not used. This also means the rear tires will camber in quite a bit when the rear suspension is loaded so the tire can get under that sheet metal.

Leaves a bigger budget for the ceramic brakes! ;)

Back