Anyone in this forum ordered R1-S?

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
Anyone here on wait list or know more info about this SUV?

I’ve got one on order. The delays from my initial estimated delivery date are counted in years at this point. I’m told in will be early 2023. If they ramp like they did the R1T, it’s possible I’ll get it sometime in 2023.

We are a carpool driving soccer family, so it is going to be way more practical than the GT.

Is this SUV in production already? The website says delivery begins late 2023, is it the estimated timeline for people ordering now or is it for everyone? I’m just wondering is it any on the road already?

Employees are taking deliveries...again.

At 70ish thousand base starting price with that kind of battery size, I wonder if they can really deliver that, or just get people in the door tactic.

Yes, but looks like it would be a 2024 delivery. If I get the Hummer SUV then I will cancel the Rivian.

Yes, but looks like it would be a 2024 delivery. If I get the Hummer SUV then I will cancel the Rivian.
Crabwalk & adrenaline mode. 😂

I just showed that to my wife, she said Hummer is too wide, she is afraid to drive it.

The mainly considered R1-S is bc it has 3rd row seats as useful as Honda Odyssey.

I've got one on preorder as well, but will see how long it takes. Have a friend that recently took delivery of a launch edition R1T that had also put in an order for his wife for the R1S almost 4 years ago. Told me recently that he got an email stating possible delivery of the R1S in December, but he thought that could easily push into next year. For what it's worth, he keeps asking me if I'll trade him my GT for either vehicle once I receive it. 🙂

I've got one on preorder as well, but will see how long it takes. Have a friend that recently took delivery of a launch edition R1T that had also put in an order for his wife for the R1S almost 4 years ago. Told me recently that he got an email stating possible delivery of the R1S in December, but he thought that could easily push into next year. For what it's worth, he keeps asking me if I'll trade him my GT for either vehicle once I receive it. 🙂
Tell him you would trade both his vehicle. I can see the “fun” element of Rivian aside from incredible speed.

I'm seeing more and more R1-Ts around here in Boulder, so they are definitely ramping up deliveries of that model. (Colorado is big on pickup trucks, and Boulder is big on EVs. So it's a match made in heaven.) Haven't seen an R1-S yet. Guess they don't have any employees here.

Haven't seen a Lucid here yet, either. Though I've heard they have delivered a few to Boulder residents They must not drive around downtown much.

I've got one on preorder as well, but will see how long it takes. Have a friend that recently took delivery of a launch edition R1T that had also put in an order for his wife for the R1S almost 4 years ago.
4 years???? You can have 4~5 pregnancy/conception periods in that time. I put my $100 down in this March for CyberTruck, my Tesla fanboy friend told me I’m too late in the game, realistically I’m in line for late 2026 delivery at earliest.

Yep, he put in the order right when they opened up reservations way back when. He put in reservations on a number of vehicles including the Lightning and Hummer, and just waited to take whatever came first. Worked out well for his R1T given that he paid nearly $30k less than they are now charging for the same loadout.

I have an R1S on preorder as well ... check out the Rivian Forum at www.rivianforums.com ... LOTS of activity and info there (at least what is known and speculated on)

I have an R1S on preorder as well ... check out the Rivian Forum at www.rivianforums.com ... LOTS of activity and info there (at least what is known and speculated on)
I just checked their forum, now I appreciate how clean and elegant our forum is without all these flashing ads that accidentally click to lead you astray. Kudos to all the hard work moderators keep this community to notch! 👍 👍 👍

See, even Rivian stats doesn’t lie, Texas is really ramping up EV sales tremendous just recently.

89395141-CCA1-4FF3-A53A-1C92FA2FD115.jpeg

Back