Anyone else with 21" Aero Sport wheels missing inserts?

ben_2514

Verified Owner
I just took delivery of my stealth GT, I ordered the 21" aero sport wheels but they came without the aero inserts. The service folks told me that the inserts for those wheels don't exist yet which I was surprised to hear. I'm curious if anybody else has heard the same thing? I was told the inserts don't exist yet for either the silver or stealth look 21" sport wheels.

IMG_8892.jpeg

I just took delivery of my stealth GT, I ordered the 21" aero sport wheels but they came without the aero inserts. The service folks told me that the inserts for those wheels don't exist yet which I was surprised to hear. I'm curious if anybody else has heard the same thing? I was told the inserts don't exist yet for either the silver or stealth look 21" sport wheels.

View attachment 12375
Perhaps they are trying to avoid the scratching and scoring on these wheels that occurred on the 21" wheels on the earlier trims. See earlier threads on this subject.

I eventually got some answers from the folks at Milbrae, apparently the 21" sport wheels in either color don't have inserts anymore, the website is just out of date. Mystery solved I guess!

Thanks for this. I was having the same issue and could not understand how they couldn’t exist as the design page and all images online of the stealth package with 21” wheels show them. Seems like they should change their ordering website as it misrepresents what you are getting and still shows the insert, or let the owners know that a design update is in work and we will receive them once they are produced.
IMG_6072.png

Update: Shout out to the Rocklin, CA service team. They continued to research this and learned that the 21” stealth aero covers are now in the system again and in stock. I just received and installed mine this week. If you don’t have them and want them, I’d encourage your to reach out to your service team.

Update: Shout out to the Rocklin, CA service team. They continued to research this and learned that the 21” stealth aero covers are now in the system again and in stock. I just received and installed mine this week. If you don’t have them and want them, I’d encourage your to reach out to your service team.
Oh nice this is great to hear, any chance you could share a photo?

Will they be no charge since they were not delivered with the car?
Mine were free although I noted it on my paperwork as missing when I took receipt. Based on the service folks not knowing they existed, I think everyone that wants them should get them free as they are represented in the images when you order.

Adding to this thread to share that my Air Touring has the 21 inch Aero Sport wheels and I accepted delivery end of December and it indeed had all four plastic aero inserts. I would 100% expect them to be provided to you free of charge.

Here’s a picture at delivery for reference.
View attachment IMG_0166.jpeg

Closing the loop, I picked my my missing inserts from the service center and they were indeed no charge.

For those do-it-yourselfers … note that the wheels have to be removed to install the inserts since the center of the insert is clipped into the center bore of the wheel as well. The wheels need to be removed to get the center cap off first.

One more thing … I've read in another thread that some inserts will scratch the black paint on the wheels so weigh the pros and cons if you wish to use them.

Back