Any one put spacers on the 19 inch rims?

CraZ8

Verified Owner
Cars
2018 velar 2002 bmw z8
I just switched to the 19s due to the 21s blowing out but they just don’t fill the wheel openings with the same panache as the 21s both in diameter and width.has anyone used a spacer to bring the wheels out a bit, and if so where did you get them and how much were they?

Attachments

• 14165CF8-4C3A-4189-949A-A94A1F7D5C1D.jpeg
    14165CF8-4C3A-4189-949A-A94A1F7D5C1D.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 159
They're usually not expensive, probably $50/pair. It's just machined aluminum. The bolt pattern is 5x120, you would need to get the center bore for Lucid and longer lug bolts (assuming they use bolts, I don't have my Lucid yet).

I just switched to the 19s due to the 21s blowing out but they just don’t fill the wheel openings with the same panache as the 21s both in diameter and width.has anyone used a spacer to bring the wheels out a bit, and if so where did you get them and how much were they?
I have no knowledge of spacer, but I’m really curious of what do you think of the ride after driven 21” going to 19”.

The ride is softer and a bit more compliant. Even better when I deflated the left front and right rear from 49lbs cold to 45 after I realized service had put too much air in those two after getting the car back. I usually always check pressure when getting a car back from service but didn’t this time and drove it nearly a week that way.

Wow 49lbs cold is pretty close to the max on that tire. Wonder why they would do that 🤔

The ride is softer and a bit more compliant. Even better when I deflated the left front and right rear from 49lbs cold to 45 after I realized service had put too much air in those two after getting the car back. I usually always check pressure when getting a car back from service but didn’t this time and drove it nearly a week that way.
They put the correct amount of air, you’ll take a range hit on 19” if less than 49PSI cold as @hydbob pointed out.

Oops I stand corrected! Didn’t realize the 19s take so much more pressure than the 21s 👍🏼

Back